Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS, Torch 9810 (OS, Z10 (OS

Re: Cannot find my or any network

Simplehick wrote:

For those wondering, just got off the phone with tech again, going to try to exchange tomorrow at The Source if not than send to BB for repairs.  Thanks to all for the info and help.

Probably the best bet but in initializing the device you MAY run into Wi-Fi update problems again once initializing.

Out of the box, the PlayBook will come with some version of OS 2 on it. It most likely won't have OS 2.1 on it in the shipments theSource has in stock. As I mentioned earlier, OS 2.1 update won't ask you to connect to Wi-Fi when initializing the PlayBook. BUT any version earlier than 2.1 WILL make you connect to Wi-Fi. So this is an interesting problem that I hope can be answered by someone more knowledgeable because you could be back at square one all over again and frustrated.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32Gb
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Cannot find my or any network

[ Edited ]

Got it exchanged this afternoon, so far so good, no issues as of yet.  Definitely a hardware/software malfunction on the previous one but up and running now.  Immediately recognized network.