Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: virgin
Accepted Solution

Cannot open e mail accounts on playbook

Hello, I am new to the forum and this is my first message relating to my playbook. I can still get on line and the number of emails I am receiving keeps appearing in the left hand corner but  I cannot open the accounts a message keeps coming up  "The application was interrupted, open and close it again to continue (30000). I have done so unfortunately to no avail. I have deleted my e mail account and reinstated it without success. I have tried adding new accounts but the same thing happens. I have had the playbook for  9 months and it has been OK. This has happened very recently but no matter what I do I can't get into my e mail accounts. Can anyone please help?

BarryJ

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Cannot open e mail accounts on playbook

Hello. Firstly, try to restart your BlackBerry PlayBook. If restarting doesn't help, try to re-install the OS on your BlackBerry PlayBook. Remember to backup your BlackBerry PlayBook before you attempt to reinstall the OS!
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Happened to me too with a Yahoo mail acct...deleted the acct and reinstalled...now its working

Gene
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for responding. Apologies but I am a not very computer literate pensioner.. I am not sure what re-installing the OS means. Do you mean deleting Blackberry ID and and configure a new Blackberry ID on start up.

barryJ 

New Contributor

Thanks for thi info Gene BUT I am a not very computer literate pensioner andd am not sure what acct means.  I do use Yahoo but I deleted  my email accounts and tried new ones, hotmail and G mail but to no avail the same message and eroor 30000 keeps appearing.

barryJ

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Hello BarryJ. Acct means account, your email account.
What I mean by reinstalling the OS is practically removing all the data in the device and putting it back again, with a backup.
You can reinstall your OS with BlackBerry Desktop Software.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor

Thanks , that worked

barryj

New Contributor

Thanks Gene. I deleted my accounts and added a gmail instead of yahoo and it worked.

Barry j