Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Cannot purchase blackberry application

Was talking to a Playbook support person, then was transferred to a Supervisor, just this past weekend.! Same problem. Not able to purchase any app from AppWorld! Was told to wait for the February software update! The Supervisor assured me that they are working really hard to make sure that it works before they release it. I was concerned that my "free" support would expire before they fixed it, but it was pooh-poohed. My error code was 13000. Also Visa said all approvals went through, but Digital River couldn't consummate the deal! My question was... "What the HECK! A $1.99 sale won"t go through? How can Digital River claim to be a "global" payment processor? They can't even process a payment from Canada!" And RIM isn't responsive either! I fired off snail mail letters to them a month ago and no one even responded to say that they got my letter! Guess they don't care. They already know I bought their Playbook. Really! What is going on! is RIM going somewhere in a handbasket?
New Contributor
My Carrier: None

The error id is 10,000

New Contributor
My Carrier: None

A smart person from BB support told me to try updating my BB phones app world settings to match the credit card settings of my Playbook and that fixed the problem. I guess updating your payment setting on one device doesnt update them globally. If you have more than one phone etc. make sure you do them all.
Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Okay! Problem with error 13000 is solved. Downloaded and installed the new Playbook OS version 1.0.8.4985. I finally got an ebook reader on the Playbook, by paying $0.99 for an app with my VISA card! I am a happy camper once again. And it only took 7 months to fix! Good job RIM!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 and Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Finally! I updated my AppWorld CC info from my phone rather than the PB and now I can buy apps. Sure seems someone at RIM should know this.
My Carrier: Fido

My purchase worked first time using Mastercard but that was after days of frustration trying to buy the book reader with paypal.

Everything seemed to work - Blackberry authroization then paypal authorization but then nothing happened - no error code or indication - just nothing.

It's nuts that you can't use paypal for a .99 purchase. I do not like spreading credit card information around so paypal is very convenient but it just would not work here.

I wonder how may users have just given up trying to buy apps.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Still unable to purchase an app and getting Error 10,000. Sent logs again. Nothing yet. Hoping that Version 2 will make this happen. Almost resigned to the fact that I will not be able to use File Folders on the Playbook. Almost two weeks they have had my logs. Started back in October.