Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry PlayBook version 2.0.1.358
My Carrier: Telus

Cannot set up mail account

I continue to get this message when trying to set up my email account.  I following the instructions and still get this type of message.

StartTLS is configured with server mail.svc.telus.net for IMAP, but the connection attempt failed.  Change SSL to ON or OFF in your settings and try again (TLS not supported by server)

I'm very frustrated... tried support from email provider and they recommended calling RIM...no phone number so this will have to do

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: Cannot set up mail account

[ Edited ]

WendC wrote:

I continue to get this message when trying to set up my email account.  I following the instructions and still get this type of message.

StartTLS is configured with server mail.svc.telus.net for IMAP, but the connection attempt failed.  Change SSL to ON or OFF in your settings and try again (TLS not supported by server)

I'm very frustrated... tried support from email provider and they recommended calling RIM...no phone number so this will have to do

Try these:

North America Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377

UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466

Europe: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108

Also review the online manuals specifically under the Messages heading. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27018/Messages_1810847_11.jsp

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

UK users...

The Europe (01753) number may be cheaper for mobile phone users as 0808 is only toll free from BT landlines.  The Europe number is a UK landline number.

Both numbers require you to have a credit card handy as the service is not charge-free. You need the 90 day free support 0800 number.

________
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

WendC wrote:

What happened when you tried changing the SSL on or off setting in advanced settings? 

________
Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Which email do u use