Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: bold 9700,playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Cannot set up playbook, no country appears to select from

I had the same issue. Everytime i reset PB starting to Country, but if you swipe the tablet you go on previous page and  you can set up again the wifi. (If you can remove password from your router is better)

Sorry for my english.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I echo the last one regarding swiping back to wireless menu, that took me a while to realise!

Also for some reason between first setup and second I had to tick 'Hidden SSID" Even though I'd set the wifi to broadcast. Weird but working now so I won't complain.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: .

Does this video show the problem ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NpMA6YsBAM

check replies for the fixes...

1 - For some reason, some units will not access the user agreement when connected to a personal Wi-Fi network. If you are experiencing this problem, go to a public hotspot and download the agreement. Once the agreement is downloaded, the software update can be made from any Wi-Fi network, even a smartphone setup.

or

2 - Fire up your Blackberry Desktop manager. Plug in your Playbook.

Now turn off your playbook by pressing the power button on the top. Once your playbook is turned off. Power it back on without unplugging the device. You will then get an error message, hit the update option. The BB Desktop Manager will find an 'unbrick' update. Let it do its thing (30 min or so). Once the playbook is update it will reboot. Once it reboots, follow the prompts! Enjoy your new toy!!!

My Device: Torch 9800, playbook
My Carrier: Bmobile

This is happening to me also. I just got my playbook and now i am trying to set it up and no country or language is there for me to choose from. I have firstly connected to the wi-fi and all was going well till no country appared! i reset, restarted, and banged my head against the wall also. I live in Trinidad (thats in the caribbean) and i am utterly upset and almost ready to return the thing....can someone help me pls

My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64 GB
My Carrier: none

where did you find it
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telstra

Help I have tried this

Option 2 - it just says sorry you have not finished setup yet, please disconnect device and complete setup.  HELP, I cannot finish setup because there is no country to select on my Playbook.