Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Cannot sign into Linkedin account under settings after account mysteriously disappears

My PlayBook developed a problem a few days ago where the Linkedin account which was connected to my Playbook's account has vanished. Once I try to add the Linkedin account again, it fails. I get an error telling me that my Login information is wrong and needs to be updated. This is of course not the case as I've tried numerous times and have had no issue connecting to Linkedin using the same login name and password on the Playbook's browser. I've rebooted the playbook a couple of times and still it does not work - all of my other accounts on my Messages application however work just fine. Did Linkedin do something on the backend that is messing up with how the PlayBook connects to it?

As another forum post shows, I am not the only person with this problem: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/linkedin-account-cannot-sign-824286/

Thanks for any help

My Device: playbook os2
My Carrier: orange

Re: Cannot sign into Linkedin account under settings after account mysteriously disappears

Same Problem + i've also "lost" the address book/contacts.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: Verzion

Re: Cannot sign into Linkedin account under settings after account mysteriously disappears

Thanks for posting this issue.  I am having the same issue and hope thank either BB or LinkedIn will fix this so that we all can receive the value expected from the Playbook.

Visitor
My Device: PlayBook 64GB OS 2.1.0
My Carrier: 447796862038

Me too. Are we just unlucky, or are with in such a small group of LinkedIn users on the BB PlayBook?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Playbook users are a small enough group already without a linkedin subset!

If it is a change to the way linkedin works, this is the kind of trouble playbooks will get into if blackberry don't update the OS. 

My Device: Z10+PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

I have to agree with this. I am having the same issue, but do not believe it will be resolved. We will have to find work arounds for all future problems.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Optus

Are any of your premium Linkedin users?  There seem to be a few options which only premium users can access.  I am wondering if this may have something to do with it now.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Sent a tweet to @BlackberryHelp and all they told me is to contact PlayBook direct support...but of course I've had the PB for well over 90 days so I am not eligible. Is there another line we can reach them at or does anyone (magically) have a PB they purchased within the last 90 days for help?

Interesting theory on the LinkedIn Premium bit.. did they make recent changes to that service?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Optus

I've tweeted BlackberryHS and also sent a support ticket to Linkedin.  I've had my Playbook for over two years.  I definitely am out of the 90 day window.  I wonder if Linkedin have a solution.  Couldn't be bothered paying for incident support especially when we have to call the states.  I wonder if I could get some response walking into their offices in Sydney.

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

I have the same problem.

Shane.