Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Telus

Change Blackberry ID on Playbook

Ok So here's one I haven't come across yet. How do I change the Blackberry ID that is registered to a playbook. I am having one of my Exec's try the Playbook out for a few days and tried to find somewhere that I can change the BB ID that's registered with the device and can't find it/ Help would beappreciated.

thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve

Re: Change Blackberry ID on Playbook

Sorry. I found the solution but ITS THE STUPIDEST THING EVER. but that's just my opinion.
Having to wipe the device to change the ID is the equivalent of having to change the tires on my car so my daughter can use it. Next OS update please change this RIM.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Torch

Completely agree with you. Had I known how important this BBID would be, I would have used a different username. It now appears that RIM will be replacing PIN with BBID (based on the new apps like the video chat feature). And I'm one of the users who still can't backup my PB, so they are pretty much telling me I would have to start all over from scratch. Has anyone heard a rumor of RIM fixing this?
Contributor

Update to my last post. It does seem like we are allowed to change our bbid by going to http://us.blackberry.com/id/ . I changed my ID and it seems like everything is still accessible. phew.
My Carrier: Maxis

Hi ScredRide,
I logged in to the URL you mentioned above but did not see any link/function for me to change the BB ID against the Playbook device.

It really sucks if we can only change ID via Security Wipe. All setup efforts will be wasted!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

i don't see how to change the bbid. you can sign up for a new id but you can't change it on the playbook. with the link you provided.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor

I just tried again.  Seems to work fine for me.  Log in > click Account Details > click Edit beside 'Details' > Change your First Name, Last Name, Screen Name and Username.

Give it another shot.

New Contributor
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Various

No,

pehaps I'm being stupid but still can't get it... that link allows me to change personal details... password & etc. but not the devices linked to the ID... which is what I need to do.

Any further suggestions or is a factory reset essential.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Setup a new bbid on a computer
Then on the PlayBook go to optionsThen blackberry. I'd
Edit and input new info.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.