Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Change PlayBook region?

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone has a solution to my problem.

When you download the PlayBook OS after a wipe, it will install apps relevant to your region. For example, if I load my PlayBook for the first time in the UK, then I get get weblinks installed to the BBC website. 

However, let's say that I regularly stay in the US and the UK. Now I have no way to install the Oldcastle app which would have downloaded in the USA. The only way to get the PlayBook to work as expected is the wipe it each time I go to a different country.

This is turn has created another problem with the apps that I have downloaded in AppWorld. Games that I have downloaded in 'UK model are not available when my PlayBook is in 'USA' mode and vice-versa. I'd have to buy apps such as Monopoly twice to be able to download them depending on what country I was in when I downloaded it!

So, my question is does anybody know how to switch the regional mode of the PlayBook without running a security wipe or debrick every time?

Thanks

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!