Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Bell

Charging playbook

My PLaybook doesnt seem to be taking a charge. I left it charging all night with 10% battery life and it is still at 10% this morning. I turned it off when it was charging. Does this shut down the charging process?

Contributor

Re: Charging playbook

Ignore

I should have searched the forums. Read that the Playbook has to be turned on to charge

#1 THATS IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE SOMETHING HAVING TO E TURNED ON TO CHARGE

#2 WHEN I WAS WATCHING THE HOW TO VIDEO ON THE BLACKBERRY SITE I THOUGHT IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME THEY EXPLAINED HOW TO PLUG IN AND CHARGE THE PLAYBOOK AS CHARGING IS GENERALLY AKIN TO "TAKE THE TABLET OUT OF THE BOX.

BUT IF THEY WERE GOING TO TAKE THE TIME TO PRODUCE A VIDEO ON CHARGING, IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN WISE TO MENTION THE THING HAS TO BE TURNED ON TO CHARGE

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

#1, perhaps you haven't fully read those threads explaining why charging with the device on is needed.
#2 I haven't watched the video, but it's very clearly mentioned that the PB won't charge while powered off in the user manual.

#3, could you please turn off your ALL CAPS key?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Granted, I didnt read all the threads why being turned on is required, so maybe thats not the dumbest thing in the world as I mentioned.

BUT IT IS A MAJOR ERROR THAT THE FACT WAS BURIED ON PAGE 29 OF A USER MANUAL AND NOT ON THE OPENING VIDEO.

Sorry, but my capital letter frustration is meant for RM, not you haha

Contributor
My Device: 9800, and Playbook
My Carrier: rogers

if that is true, I have disproven it.

I had battery level of 86%.  put it on a charge and then turned it off.  I returned 45mintues. booted it up and it was at 97%.

8100, 8900, 9800, and Playbook owner
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

The charging can only happen while powered on.

possible you were in standby and not powered off

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hmm.. when I first pulled it out of the box, it was at 57%... did the update, then i powered it completely off.. plugged it in... a couple hours later, i booted it up (took forever) and was at 96%...

Since I've yet to see any of these posts indicating why, can you quickly explain the reasoning? If it's something like "protection from over charging" i call BS.. that's a hardware feature, not software.

I'd tend to agree that 1) it's rediculous, 2) it is charging while off (not in standby)