Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Charging while connected to PC

When I connect PB with my PC through data cable it dont charge the device. any help pls.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Charging while connected to PC

Do you get the charging symbol when the PlayBook is on?

If so, you need to be aware that computer USB ports can only trickle-charge the PlayBook. If you are using it while plugged into the PC, it will provide a small charge. But only enough to slow down the power consumption and not enough to charge it at the same time.

If you want to charge the PlayBook while using it, it needs to be plugged into the mains.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I don't even find symbol of charging on my PB while connected to PC through data cable.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

OK - have you tried using a different USB port on your computer or on another computer? You don't need to install the software to make it charge up.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!