Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

Complete Meltdown of Bridge

[ Edited ]

Bridge has been working fine with a 9700 until this afternoon.  It crashed when the handset temporarily lost phone signal. This has happened before and the Playbook seems to recover,  After a while Bridge started working again.

This evening, an OS update went through.  Now every time I attempt to connect to a Bridge app I get Error Code: 13

I have tried the knowedge base workaround (KB26643).  Have tried deleting Bridge from the phone and reloading everything a number of times.  I suspect it has something to do with the OS update.  Evrything worked okay until this went through.

What can I do?  Bridge is the app I use most and pretty much the reason why I have the playbook.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Complete Meltdown of Bridge

I'm in the midst of installing an update, but from what I can remember, it's best if you delete your bridge profile on your playbook as well. Re-start your phone after you delete your profile on your phone. (alt + right shift + delete).
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What bridge and pPlaybook version are you on?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I'm on Playbook OS 1.0.5.2304 and Bridge version 1.0.0.93.

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

try to uninstall and reinstall bridge on your smartphone and then try to do the bridge, make your bridge version 1.0.0.93

New Contributor

Thanks for the tip.  I have tried this and I still have the problem.  Bridge does seem to be connecting becuase I get notifications on the Playbook.  The problem occurs when I attempt to open a Bridge application.

I notice the Bluetooth connection has been working differently as well, since I updated the OS on the Playbook.

When I checked the connection status, it used to say "Connected to Bold 9700" , now it doesn't say that, even thought the bridge connection is up.

New Contributor

I resolved the problem by performing a security reset.  After trying every other bridge delete and re install combination, this was the only way to fix the problem.  

Overall, this seems to have resolved a lot of issues with the tablet.

Only thing I lost was the 7 digital store shortcut so if anyone knows how to get this back, I'm open to suggestions.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Telus

i too have tried everything including the "dance of the Playbook" in E minor. Last resort is to do the security wipe but have about 50 pictures and videos I have to get off first but no USB cable available so will have to wait. Anyone know the source of this problem. Mine happened 1 day after the 05 update and 1 hour after the bridge update....hmmm.