Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Touch 9810
My Carrier: Digicel

Conflict with Blackberry bridge and BES

I have a blackberry 9810. I have configured the bridge and the data is appearing on my playbook but it is not opening.

The issue was the IT policy when trying to open messages and accepting the BBM licence. I tried the reset to factory setting and the bridge worked well all data was being viewed.

My next step was to sync the Enterprise mail. once this was done using the Blackberry desktop manager the bridge returned to the state prior to the reset.

Why is this happening and how to get pass it.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Conflict with Blackberry bridge and BES

Have you checked with your IT admin that they do no have an IT policy blocking the use of Bridge? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have and there is no block on Blackberry bridge.  In fact I installed the enterprise email account on my phone via the desktop manager

Forums Veteran I

So what happens exactly when you try and bridge your torch to your playbook? 

New Contributor

The bridge goes through and the icon appears on the playbook, but if you try to open the BBM the mesage "you must accept BBM agreement on smartphone comes up.  If you try to access the messages it times out same with the contacts or a lock comes up.  If you try text mesages it states it is disabled by IT policy. 

If however I do not have the enterprise email installed all work fine.

Forums Veteran I

Have you worked withyour IT team to see if they can resolve the issue? Seeing as it only starts when you activate the device with the BES server it would seem the issue lies there.