Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Connected to Network, how to add browse point for servers

A little help please,

I have my Playbook properly connected to my network. I want to be able to browse to one of my servers on the network to be able to upload/download files to/from the playbook. I don't want to have to do it through another PC on the network. I want to be able to do it directly from my playbook.

I have all SMB/CIFS windows shares on my internal network. All of my other devices (computers, media players, other)can browse to any of my servers. I'd like to be able to do the same with my playbook.....

What would be nice; be able to play any media file from the server. Download a document, work on it and be able to save it on the server. Transfer files to/from server/playbook to take on the go.

Please, if someone knows how to set this up, submit a step-by-step tutorial with as much info as possible.

Regards.

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Connected to Network, how to add browse point for servers

Or do I need an app or two to accomplish what I want?

If so, which apps would work the best?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

Re: Connected to Network, how to add browse point for servers

[ Edited ]

The PlayBook can access files on a Windows computer by using an app called Ghost Commander.  I have not done this myself as I tend to move files to and from the PlayBook over WiFi from my desktop computer.  Whether this would work in accessing a server proper is another matter but it should be possible if it is a Windows server.  The following blog discusses how to set up the PlayBook and computer to allow the PlayBook to browse and transfer files:

Browsing network shares on the PlayBook Blog

There may be better experts in this forum who can shed some light on the matter.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB