Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Copying Music from CD to Playbook

[ Edited ]

Hi, all.

I just tried to copy music from a CD to a Playbook.

I first copied the music to my computer as .cda files.

Going through Windows Explorer, I see three music folders on the Playbook.

There is one main folder named "music" at the same level as the "misc" folder.

Within the "misc" folder, there are two sub-folders within "misc/android/":

"music" and "Music"

(I took a screenshot, but don't see an option to upload an image from my computer.)

Which, if any, of these three folders should the music be copied into?

Another question puzzling me: if I go into the Playbook, and click the music icon on the desktop, there are three songs already in the Playbook, However, none of these songs appears in any of the three folders I view through Windows Explorer. What is going on? Is music actually stored in yet another folder?

How do I copy music from a CD tp a Playbook?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Copying Music from CD to Playbook

You need to convert your CD music to MP3 or other compatible format that PlayBook supports. Then check the below KB article to know how to transfer file to PlayBook - 

• KB26068 How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

You should be able to tell windoze media player in settings to import (rip) the music as mp3.  then drag the mp3s from My Music in pc to Music in playbook. 

Keep away from the Misc Android folders they are just aliases for the real folders.

________
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

i just have the same problem. how do i say this. if i copied songs and paste it on the music folder under the media file it will also be saved on two folders under the misc "Music" and "music" folders and the problem is they eat up all my memory storage. so basically if im copying say 3gb memory of music it would be x3 because of that 2 folders. i tried to physically erase files from music folder under the misc folder, and it also erased the the original file that i pasted on the music under media.  sorry im not a good english speaker. 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

hershiela_du wrote:

i just have the same problem. how do i say this. if i copied songs and paste it on the music folder under the media file it will also be saved on two folders under the misc "Music" and "music" folders and the problem is they eat up all my memory storage. so basically if im copying say 3gb memory of music it would be x3 because of that 2 folders. i tried to physically erase files from music folder under the misc folder, and it also erased the the original file that i pasted on the music under media.  sorry im not a good english speaker. 

That is beacause they are in the Media\Music folder, and it is just a link that is in Media\Misc\Music, that link is there so that android program can access the files that are under the misc folder

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin