Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 w/ Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Corporate WiFi issues PEAP EAP-MS-CHAP v2 on BB

My BB Curve 8530 can connect to my corporations WiFi using WPA2 PEAP and EAP-MS-CHAP v2. In fact, the wifi profile does not get pushed from phone to Playbook. I am assuming that is because the settings are not compatible. I am starting day 8 of my 30 day return period, if I cannot resolve the WiFi connectivity issue I am going to return the unit. I bought this device to improve my productivity at the office, but I have found the lack of WiFi connectivity is an impediment. I am looking for any and all assistance, the bad thing is my co-worker can use his iPad2 without issue.

BB Curve 8530 paired with Playbook
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefónica

Re: Corporate WiFi issues PEAP EAP-MS-CHAP v2 on BB

Hi,

We are experiencing the same problems. We have one PlayBook for test and we can't connect it to our corporate Wifi with EAP-TLS.

We try also to connect with PEAP MS-CHAPv2 but it doesn't works.

Anyone have any idea of this problem??

We tried a lot of tests without any result. We can connect correctly to our guest wifi with WPA-PSK.

Thanks a lot.

Regards!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

If you are using PEAP with MS-CHAP, have you copied the security certificate for the WiFi to your PlayBook?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
New Contributor

Yes,

we normally use EAP-TLS with client certificate.

We have loaded the certificates of the CA's and the client certificate on the PlayBook. But it doesn't work. We try to load the certificates in some formats, cer, der, b64, pfx, etc. Some of this formats doesn't works, but finally we have imported all of the neccesary certificates on the PlayBook.

If we make the same connection on a PC, all work's fine.

The last test was to use PEAP with MS-CHAPv2, with user/pass, but it doesn't works too.

We don't know if it is a problem with the certificates or other.

Has anyone their PlayBook working correctly with EAP-TLS or PEAP???? I didn't found any solution at google, but I found a lot of posts of people talking about this issue.

Thanks!

Regars.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S

I am connecting my PB to a corp WiFi using PEAP with MS-CHAP with no problem. 

Have you PB upgraded to OS 1.0.7?  If not,  connect to different WiFi.  An open WiFi will be the easiest. Upgrade to 1.0.7 then try the corp WiFi again.  Version 1.0.7 corrects an issue with security certificates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

Yes, we have the PB with the OS 1.0.7. We tried this upgrade in one of our test but it doesn't work...

Thank you for your answer, we will try other things, but I don't know what more tests will I do.

Are you using WPA-Enterprise? WPA2-Enterprise?

Regards!

Trusted Contributor

One of my systems is setup for WPA2 Enterprise, PEAP, MSCHAPv2.  It requires username and password entered in the PB wireless configuration and CA Certificate for the WiFi selected.  I have no issues with it.

Does your WiFi use a MAC ACL?

Do you have control over your WiFi AP so you can change the security settings for testing?  Would be good to see if you can connect with a less secure method first.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi vanawful,

yes, we have control for the whole infraestructure, AP's, CA's, ACS's, etc.

We have two SSID's, one for corporate users and other for guests.

In the corporate SSID we use normally EAP-TLS with a CA certificate and a client certificate, but for this test we allowed PEAP with MS-CHAPv2, but this is not the official procedure for connect.

In the guest SSID we use WPA-PSK with a shared key, and with this SSID we can pair the PlayBook without problems.

The only diffrence with you is that we use WPA-Enterprise, instead of WPA2-Enterprise.

I will try to do more tests but we are thinking now in some software/incompatibility problems with the PlayBook and our network settings.

Thank you!

Regards.

New Contributor

Hi,

Finally I could connect to the Wifi with EAP-TLS.

The only thing that I changed was the CA.

We uncheck the CA box and leave it empty. With the certificate for the client only, the PlayBook connects OK.

I don't know what's the reason for this behaviour, but it works finally!

Thanks.

Regards!