Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodaphone
Accepted Solution

Could not connect to the update server. (2032)

I am trying to start up and configure my playbook, however, I can't get past connecting to wifi without getting the msg "Could not connect to the update server. (2032)"

I have a strong wifi signal and am connected but cannot update. Where do I go from here?

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Could not connect to the update server. (2032)

Not sure why it isn't working, but to work around it you could plug your PlayBook into a PC running Desktop Manager and update there.

Desktop Manager should alert you that there is an update and install it directly onto your PlayBook.

Standard disclaimers, make a backup etc apply.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi John

I have the current desktop manager running on my mac as I have a bb phone - but the manager tells me that the version is too new - that I need to uninstall it and install an older version - however - I don't know which older version that would be?

New Contributor

Hi John

I have the current desktop manager running on my mac as I have a bb phone - but the manager tells me that the version is too new - that I need to uninstall it and install an older version of the desktop - however - I don't know which older version that would be?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

As a new OS came out yesterday it could simply be server is busy.however if you use the desktop manager method the PB must be completely off.  If you can't do that by normal methods hold down On and - vol buttons for at least 10 sec til it goes off. Plug in, then quickly respond to the request to update. Version should not be a problem if you approach it that way.

Before you go doing that - jarviser's are the instructions to wipe your PlayBook as well!

I don't have a Mac. All I can suggest from your post is to remove the Desktop Manager software and download whatever is on the BlackBerry website at the moment. Then try it again.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer

And the go for the wipe method that jarvisor suggested. After making a backup of course Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thank you John and Jarviter - fabulous help!! - turning off the playbook completely and then plugging it in worked with the desktop manager (it took 2 tries - but worked!) 

Thank you again!

Highlighted
Developer

Glad it all worked out for you Smiley Happy

Visitor
My Carrier: vod

[ Edited ]

Hi. I have the same problem: there was a n error connecting to the update server (2032). The wifi connection works. I also tried to power it off and connect to desktop manager and click on update and then repair, but it just tells me that there are no updates available. My playbook has os version 1.0.1.1762 . Is there another way to update the old software? Thank you!

P.S. I also tried security wipe and it just restarts, nothing erased.