Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700/Playbook
My Carrier: Asiacell
Accepted Solution

DDPB Installer

Hey guys, ive been tryin to make my Blackberry Playbook comnect to the program "DDPB Installer" on my PC, but whenever i click connect it says "Incorrect IP address or password". What can i do to fix this? I would really appreciate some help pleease!
Thanks!
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Re: DDPB Installer

i updated to os 2.0 used it made some apps installed apps for 2 days i used it running 2.0 turned the power on today and now it says 1.0.8.6067 why? i did not download this ? i dont get it .....

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

Did you connect the PB to your PC with the USB cable as this will not need the IP address.
If you are trying to connect via WiFi you have to map the PB to the PC which would need the IP address of the PB which is in the settings.
Check other posts on Video file transfer on this forum to see how it's done.
DC-IT
New Contributor

i did it both ways this is the second time this has happened.....

the first time i did it connected to my computer.....

the seconded time i did it wifi....

New Contributor

oh by the way answer to your question i had the same issue uninstalled and reinstalled worked for me

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700/Playbook
My Carrier: Asiacell

Yes, I connected my Playbook with a USB cable, and yet it asks me for an IP address. How can i connect it to my PC via Wi-Fi? Is that even possible with DDPB Installer?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

RoaninElativ wrote:
Yes, I connected my Playbook with a USB cable, and yet it asks me for an IP address. How can i connect it to my PC via Wi-Fi? Is that even possible with DDPB Installer?

yes it is possible, i have done it on 2 playbooks.

You need the IP address of the playbook which is listed in the engineering screen

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I too have a problem with DDPB. It worked in the past, but now just sits on "Connecting" for ever. I have reinstalled it, rebooted the PC and the Playbook, updated Java and tried with and without  Blackberry Dashboard connected.... all with the same result. And tried USB and WiFi connection.

Any ideas, please?