Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: PlayBook 134454720654
My Carrier: Sprint

DEAD PLAYBOOK

Purchased BB Playbook for christmas last year. Now it will no longer turn on. Always kept in case, never dropped and barely used. Did not purchase the store warranty. Any ideas?

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16gb Wi-Fi only, OS 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: N/A

Re: DEAD PLAYBOOK

I guess you haven't looked around on the internet at all?

There's a chance the battery is completely dead. From what I've read it can sometimes glitch so that it won't let you charge unless it's booted, but you can't charge, etc. The trick was to do a hard reset and plug it in.

Have you tried connecting it to your computer? See if it recognizes it?

More info is needed to help you.

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Like MrAureliusR stated, the battery could be completely dead. Start by plugging it into the official wall charger for a few hours. Ideally, you may want to leave it plugged in overnight. Then, try turning the PlayBook on by pressing the power button for a few seconds. If that doesn't work, press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds to try to force a reboot. Does that help?

Also, if the PlayBook is still less than a year old (we're not at Christmas yet), try contacting PlayBook Support. You can get their contact info by going to http://blackberry.com/support, select PlayBook, and then go to the Contact Support tab. Register your device, then call the number listed on the screen.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am also confronted with the same problem, but when i contacted the support center, i was asked to perfomr the usual test, but to no avail.

Any more fruitfull ideas?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Make sure it is the wall charger and not the computer USB cord (that will not work)

Gene
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

MrAureliusR wrote:

I guess you haven't looked around on the internet at all?

There's a chance the battery is completely dead. From what I've read it can sometimes glitch so that it won't let you charge unless it's booted, but you can't charge, etc. The trick was to do a hard reset and plug it in.

Have you tried connecting it to your computer? See if it recognizes it?

More info is needed to help you.

Appreciate your enthusiasm but the bit about not charging when off was fixed in OS 1. 

There is a huge sticky thread suggesting many things to try including stack charging,  using the rapid charger when the usb port is busted etc etc. 

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am gonna try again and surely come back with my findings.
Thanks so far