Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

DVD video to the PB

How can I add DVD video to my PB? Can I rip the DVD using my pc then moving it to the PB?
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: DVD video to the PB

Yes, with a caveat.  There is software out available for PCs (and probably Macs too) that can convert DVD or Blu-Ray video to video formats that the Playbook will support.  If the DVD or Blu-Ray disc is protected with DRM (Digital Rights Management), you'll also need software that can bypass that protection.  Bypassing copy protection might be illegal depending on where you are.

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Where can I find a list of formats that the Playbook can play?
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

This KB article lists the different video formats that the Playbook will support.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26136

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have heard form a few friends that using HandBrake and encoding to MP4 works well.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V