Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Dead Battery

I've been trying the stacked charge to no effect.
most I get is brief red light then 5 green flashes when power button pressed.
when unplugged and plugged in again no response.
have tried frequent and many times
? what now ?
Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

My blackberry has been dead for a few months, I've tried all these ways of getting it to boot and nothing works. I've tried the stack charging but holding my power light does not get it to blink. It just goes red then off, then the lightning bolt screen, then a green light and the boot screen comes on and the light goes off but the boot screen stays on....for days!!!. Im trying with a rapid charger but have tried with the wall charger too.

Im at a loss and no one will answer any of my posts... I have had it for a couple of years so no more warranty..will someone help please

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Leave it plugged in. Try doing a reboot of your router, then a reboot if possible of the PlayBook. This might clear the problem with the boot up screen staying on.
Contributor

ok leave it plugged in... I did that for 6 days turned on because from what Im hearing it only charges that way.. I also left it plugged in and turned off for 24 hours because that was also suggested to me.... nothing happened either way

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Did you do the reboot of the router or modem?
Try also holding down the power button and the - volume button for 20 seconds. Hopefully the red LED will flash on and the PlayBook will go through the reboot process. If not repeat this process several times if necessary.
Contributor

I have tried everything this website has said, rebooting the router I can't see helping because I wasn't able to get the pb on, that has nothing to do with getting online

I was able to resolve the issue by myself by plugging the pb into the PC and my rapid charger at the same time, I uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop software and was successfully able to install the new OS and my blackberry is now charging after several months... so in my opinion holding a bunch of different buttons for 10 20 or 30 seconds is just a luck of the draw for some people.. just as Im sure that what resolved my issue won't resolve everyone elses

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32G LTE & 4G, PlayBook 64G, Z30
My Carrier: 3 UK

That technique is called stack charging... Check the knowledge base for details if you need an explanation...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32G LTE & 4G, PlayBook 64G, Z30
My Carrier: 3 UK

Stack Charging is not about using the PB power button On/Off but rather, turning the Charger ower source On/Off...