Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Dead Battery

Gmsm,
Try the stack charging method as listed below. If you try it, it will still take quite a bit of time to fully recharge. Here is the stack charging procedure. Follow the directions, don't take shortcuts.
If your battery is dead or near dead, you have a problem. If you follow these instructions you may be able to make a recovery but it will take some time. The charger is controlled by software. The software will not run because the battery voltage is too low. When the battery is too low and you turn on the PB, It will only run for about 4 minutes and then shut down again. During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off. To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it.It will once again recharge for 4 minutes. You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery. When your charger is charging, it will feel warm to the touch so check it often to see if it is in fact charging.
Developer
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo

yersterday Blackberry updated their 2 KB (KB26808,KB27705 )with new info to O.S. 2, you should read this to understand in what phase you are.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB26808&sliceID=2&command=show&forwa...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB27705&sliceID=2&command=show&forwa...

First days, about a week I couldn't see any light I tried all the solutions now my Pb is alive.

First I left it conected to the wall charger for 30 hours, then I unplugged and pluged I saw the Led flash red for about 20 secs, I let it charging for 12 hours and that was it, I arrived home unplugged and the PB was ON, didn't lose anything. I have the last OS.

I am happy to write this, when I brought my Playbook to work 4coworkers are interest in buying a playbook, 2 other migrated to blackberry smarthphone. Thank you for the help lost at sea
Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Comcast

It TOOK A LONG TIME, BUT I STAYED WITH IT, AND IT FINALLY WORKED. (I hate caps lock). The thing that amazed me the most, was that all of my apps, and personal information was still there, and I didn't lose anything! That is awesome! Thanks for the assistance.
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

I was this morning (Dec 2012) on the verge of purchasing a Blackberry Playbook as a Christmas present, however after stumbling upon this thread I now am completely put off.  Does anyone know if this issue still exists with the latest models?  If so I don't see how I can possibly buy one, knowing that it could be useless once the battery goes flat.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I think sales are approaching two million units, and even a hundred Playbooks with this fault, often user caused,should not put you off. 

Hi, YES, this issue was corrected almost immediately!  The battery was, and is still good.  I only needed the procedure in order that the battery had enough charge to boot first.  So, I was instructed how to having it plugged in to charge, push the power button, until the on LED went out.  Then do it again, and so forth.  After a while, you will see that it is staying on longer.  Then it will boot completely, and begin the charging cycle.  It will need to be charged just as it did when you open the package.    

Merry Christmas PhilBrown!

Steve

By all means, I have enjoyed it all of the time, and give it 3 thumbs and a toe up!

Contributor

I found that a charged battery is a happy battery -   So, I heed the warnings, and plug it in BEFORE it goes out completely.  Even if it goes completely flat line, BBPB Tech support taught me how to recover the battery, and found that I didn't lose any data, apps, OS, etc.  It was all there.

In my case, it was user error, but I'm glad that I had a quick support to help me through my ignorance.

This is a great unit, and even strangers in stores notice that I have sent my grocery list to it, and doing my shopping, and checking off each item, then having my total cost at the bottom,  except for the Government's excessive taxes...

Contributor

So Right!
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: E-Plus

[ Edited ]

Merry Christmas for you all!

First of all, sorry for my bad english - i'm a german...

i'd like to try to explain my problem with my bb playbook:

the battery seems dead, the only difference to the other "dead one's" is, that if i connect it with the wallcharger (same for the rapidcharger which i bought some days ago) my playbook manages to get to the boot screen with the playbook logo and all the bubble stuff. then it keeps loading and loading and the colours are turning to green red blue etc. and then suddenly it turns off. i tried to connect it with my computer and the blackberry desktop manager but when it's connected via usb, it's only detected for the 17 seconds, the red light is switched on. then it's "deconnected" again.

normalwallcharger: 17 seconds red light - dead battery symbol - 3 seconds green light - 1 min break - blackberry playbook logo + bubbles 2 minutes long - turning off.

rapidcharger: 4 seconds red light - low/dead batter symbol - 30 seconds break - then green light for 5 sec - one minute break - "blackberry playbook" logo - bubbles - turning off.

both rapid + normal charger connected: 12 seconds red light - dead battery symbol - 5 seconds green light - 1 min break - blackberry playbook logo + bubbles 2 minutes long - turning off.

canadian model charging with eu-chargers - dont know if that's important Smiley Wink

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

when first turned onsaid battery critically low.  plugged in soon after (christmas morning) , no lights or other indication of charging.

when charger plugged in there are no lights, even as being plugged in.

when power button pressed, red light on for a few sec the blinks yellow/green then goes out.

no attempt to boot up etc.

charger works on another playbook.

so will this stacked charge work ?

Lost_at_Sea wrote:

If your battery is dead or near dead, you have a problem. If you follow these instructions you may be able to make a recovery but it will take some time. The charger is controlled by software. The software will not run because the battery voltage is too low. When the battery is too low and you turn on the PB, It will only run for about 4 minutes and then shut down again. During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off. To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it.It will once again recharge for 4 minutes.  You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery. When your charger is charging, it will feel warm to the touch so check it often to see if it is in fact charging.