Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Claro

Dead playbook

My playbook completely died about 1 month ago, I've tried everything in all forums and knowledge bases and have not been able to start it and charge it.

When not connected to the wall charger, it gives me no led lights at all.   When I connect it to the wall charger or laptop through USB, it will immediately give me 1 red light for 14 seconds and then 5 green lights.

I've tried connecting it for the 14 seconds the red light is on disconnecting for 2 seconds and then repeating the process for more than 30 times and it doesn't turn on.   I've also tried doing the 2 minute charge by 10 seconds disconnected for 6-8 times and still nothing.

I've tried connecting it to the desktop software and nothing.   Only thing left I saw in a video was to open it and try to charge it directly on the battery..., but am not to happy with trying that still...

Does anyone know something else that might help me?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Dead playbook

Why not contact RIM and have the device repaired/replaced (if it's less than a year old)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

So you have tried everything in every forum but you want one more thing to try? 

Let's think now....

________
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

The red led and green leds indicate it is charging. Leave it plugged in overnight and let us know tomorrow the state it is in.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Claro

Done that..., nothing yet... My point is to know if there is some thing else apart from what I have already tried, left it all night plugged and nothing yet...