Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Defect in PlayBook - USB

Hi,
Thanks to all people trying to help. I guess there is no BB support in Israel, so I'll try finding an other method.
Anyway, I'll just answer a few of wonder's points. When I say I can't charge the PB I mean it, and that is because the charger that came with it connects to the micro-usb port in the middle. Please check what you are writing before writing it. Another thing, I did install the desktop software. When I said it worked perfectly before that's what I meant.
Thanks again!
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If you haven't done so, get it registered at www.blackberry.com/playbook

If you need the US or UK contact number, let me know.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB, OS 2.1.0.1314, with leather case-stand, fast dock charger, dual purpose car/home ReTrak charger... and more!
My Carrier: not cellular, just wi-fi - all I ever need!

Hi Ori,

Thanks for your gracious reply. That clarifies a lot of things from your original post. So you have TWO problems then, you mean. That is to say, you can't charge it with the charger and you can't connect to the Desktop software with the USB? This seems to lead to a conclusion that your MICRO-USB port is damaged in some way, perhaps at the factory or perhaps by insertion.

So we have narrowed down the balance of probabilities, which is what we must do in order to find the solution to the problem.

Here's something else you can try, with the information you have given me:

Try another MICRO-USB cable

Buy a quick charger so that you can at least charge the thing in order to test the MICRO-USB connector. The Quick charger port is, of course, different than the MICRO-USB port, so this is a workaround to solve one of the two problems. That is to say, you can find a solution to your BBPB not charging by following this solution. Then, you and I can work on the MICRO-USB problem.

I will research the MICRO-USB subject further before I write back to you on this particular problem. There is an area of research which I think might help if I can dig into it enough for you.

Please clarify: do you have a QUICK CHARGER (one that uses the 3-pin RIGHT-MOST port)?

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,357

It is called the Rapid Travel charger, or Magnetic Rapid Travel charger

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728

I'd be getting in touch with PlayBook support, they have been overwhelmingly helpful in getting RMA on devices with this issue.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Orhol, if you look close at the USB port can you see any physical damage to the port? Occasionally, I've seen bent pins and its sometimes possible to use a paper clip or small screwdriver or something to push them back down and make the USB port useable again. Just a suggestion while you try to get in contact with RIM somehow. Also, see if you can contact the person who contacted you that you had won the device. They may be able to help with a replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

I tried to answer one post and the reply was posted in another. Then the forum looks different. Did I miss something?

Tex, I have not noticed an issue as this.

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Must be my old knarled fingers...