Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Desktop Software on Mac Doesn't Recognize PlayBook

[ Edited ]

I have my PlayBook in my hot little hands but can't get my Desktop Software to recognize it so I can start synching media. Running 2.0.1 Build 14 on my MacBook Pro. Any advice or suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Desktop Software on Mac Doesn't Recognize PlayBook

Unfortunately at this time there is no support for the BlackBerry PlayBook and the existing version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac.  You can do Mass Storage Mode options however, there is some information below on how to do that...    blackberry.com/btsc/kb26068

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Interestingly, I was able to connect my Playbook to my macbook this afternoon. Tried to do the same on my mac mini Desktop unit, and I encountered this error.

Any ideas why one worked, but not the other?

thanks,

Adon

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hey Insp-gagget,

Have a look at this article on how to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry Playbook:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26068

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook & Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

When will a Mac version of Desktop Manager be available for Mac / PlayBook ....... why do RIM treat us as 2nd class citizens just because we use machines more capable than a Windows PC?!?!

Peter H
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: at&t

it does!

BlackBerry Playbook is not a mass torage device, instead, it presents itself to the MAC as a network device though..  this is not a RIM issue, but a bug that is present in MAC enviroment..   why dont you try to open the FINDER, and the playbook is going to come up as with the name of is PIN or Serial Number.. 

thank you!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have desktop software v 2.1.0 build 24 for the Mac and I still can't get it to see my PlayBook.  In the log, I see the below, as if it still does not know what a PB is.  On the PB under Storage and Sharing, I've set the USB Connections to Connect to Mac.  I had previously been connecting via wireless and manually transferring files, if that would make a difference.  Anyone else having this issue?  Thanks.

(191) 2011-07-09 15:28:21.466 WARN***  EventDisp    0x154647d0 Unknown BlackBerry Device Connected (\\?\USB#Vid_0fcaPid_8011&MI_00&0001), cannot do anything with this 

(191) 2011-07-09 15:28:21.465 ERROR*** default      0x154647d0 Unknown device, pid: 8011, bootrom metrics nil

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Got it working by restarting the PB after changing the "Connect to Mac" setting... strange.