Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Globe

Disabling E-mail notifications not working after reboot

Hello. It seems that the mail notification and the mail count still persist even if I have it disabled on the settings after rebooting. I've checked the settings after reboot and it is still set as disabled (after following the guide), but the notifications still appear. Is this an bug on the on the app that needs to be fixed? Or am I missing something? Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Claro Chile

Re: Disabling E-mail notifications not working after reboot

Hi,

I have this problem too. 

Also, try turning mail checking/synching to "manual" on your smtp (not Google nor hotmail,  try corporate). The PlayBook still checks email and updates notification for me.

Regards, 

Javier 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

I have the same issue, I want all notification off but cant seem to achieve this, I have resorted to using an Android mail client. Is this a bug?

New Contributor
My Device: currently a non-user
My Carrier: WIND

I've had a number of problems with the Playbook not recognising the settings I've chosen. In this case, with disabling email notifications, it resets after each reboot. 

I've found that if I go into my the Messages app, and then into Message Settings, it shows that alerts are set to be off (display message count, and display new message indicator). The fix for me is to enable alerts, go back to main app screen, then go back into settings and disable alerts once more. At that point the settings seem to stick. So whenever I reboot the playbook, I just have to do that and notifications will remain off until the next reboot.

Let us know if that works for you too. Maybe it will help the engineers figure out what's wrong.