Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Docs to Go Error

Hi all,

Relative newcomer to the Blackberry world (got my Playbook on Monday 12/31). I have used Doc's to Go previously so was happy to see it on the Playbook (OS-2.1.0.1314) - Can't find the version number for DTG.

Anyway, imported an MS Word document, opens just fine, appears to edit just fine, but when I try to close/save, I get a pop-up screen that says "Internal Error" with (2) further down. When I tap the "OK" button it the document reappears, tap "Close"- "Save"  another pop-up appears with An internal error has occurred! (7370012), tap OK and the document re-appears. The only way I can close the app/document is to swipe up and hit the x.

Any ideas?

I cannot find the app in AppWorld either -trying to update?- so wondering if it has been removed?

Ideas for alternate apps?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Docs to Go Error

Have you tried a restart of the playbook?

Does this happen on all documents?
  here is a sample document to try:

www.imr.sandia.gov/imrtemplate.doc

Ahah!

I did not try your documnet (no offense but...) but I did open a .doc as opposed to a .docx and that worked fine, so my best guess is that Docs To Go does not play well with MS.Word 2007!

Thanks.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Smiley Happy
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

EselJaye wrote:

Ahah!

I did not try your documnet (no offense but...) but I did open a .doc as opposed to a .docx and that worked fine, so my best guess is that Docs To Go does not play well with MS.Word 2007!

Thanks.

I have had no problems with .docx, .xslx or .pptx.  in 12 months I have never had your save problem. 

All I can tell you is that the same document saved as a .doc works just fine, whereas the .docx version does not, hence my conclusion. I am open to the possibility there is another reason but as I cannot reproduce the problem (except with .docx files) I have no other information to go by.

I maybe new to the world of Blackberry, but not to the trials and tribulations of computing in general.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I have problems with the X files. I remove the X and save it with a different name.