Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Docs to Go For BlackBerry PlayBook

Lately I cannot open Excel documents that were saved in Docs to Go on my PlayBook in MS Excel. I've tried in both Excel 2010 and 2013. This really just started happening within the last month with some specific files I have. When D2G saves the file, the file size becomes 30-40kb less than if they were saved with Excel. When I go to open the files in Excel, it says it's corrupt but I can continue to open them in D2G.

I can supply two versions of the files if you need to examine them.

Thanks.
D

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Docs to Go For BlackBerry PlayBook

What are the file extensions? xls or xlsx? I just checked mine and both open without problems.
New Contributor

They are xlsx files and in fact they used to work fine as well. I usually use them and then save archived versions of old ones. I actually have some files that used to open but don't anymore. At one point Excel was able to repair one and said something about the  XML template being wrong so I thought Excel may have taken an update that changed XML schema of the files it was expecting or something like that. This is happening on two seperate PCs with different versions of Excel (2010 and 2013).

The files themselves are not super basic but aren't overly complex either, just some formulas, merged cells, and frozen panes. I have tried a very basic spreadsheet and am able to open them in both D2G and Excel, just not these particular ones that I use daily.

D

Forums Veteran I

Here is my suggestion for docx and xlsx files. Go to MS Update Centre and download to your computer a fix for those who have problems with these file types. After installing, do a reboot of your computer. Open the files on your computer and resave with the fix in place. Send them to your PlayBook and try opening again. Hopefully it will work.
New Contributor

I think I figured out what is casuing this and it looks like the frozen panes may be the cause. I created several new files each with different features and the ones that has frozen panes results in an error message about corruprion when opening in Excel after being saved in D2G. This is the error message that I got before in my real file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error087480_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\...\Copy of Test2.xlsx'</summary><removedFeatures summary="Following is a list of removed features:"><removedFeature>Removed Feature: View from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part</removedFeature></removedFeatures></recoveryLog>

WHen you say go download updates from Microsoft, are you referring to a specific one? I use Windows update to keep it up-to-date so it is at the latest level.

D

Forums Veteran I

I use XP Pro and I set mine to auto updates also. However I have noticed that only critical files updates were downloaded. Optional ones were not so I manually downloaded them. I was having problems with the newer file extensions and I think lot of people were. Google docx problems and read the info. The same with xlsx files.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry playbook 32gb
My Carrier: Telus

Having trouble with docs to go

DOC seems to be working but XLS does not allow me to bring up old files or make new ones

When I try either way the xls logo comes up with green background as it usually does when loading but freezes at that point. 

My original problem was that my 32 gb playbook was getting full and I advised me to get rid of some files

When I tried to do that I could not delete xls files or any voice note files...i was advised to use air browser and it worked 

Now I have the problem as noted above with the added problem of not being able to use my voice notes app

Any suggestions?