Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Don't Work charging!

Hello!

I received NOW my Playbook, but i put it on the charger and a red light appeared then 10s after it disapeared and it don't show any signs of life.

I tried put it on computer and the red light appears, then a green/yellow keep flashing and nothing happens.

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Don't Work charging!

Is this a brand new device?

Put it on the charger and leave it for a few hours. If it still doesn't come to life you may want to get it exchanged.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes it's.

Thanks for the answers, i think it's the possible reason.

Thanks so much!

Contributor

Sorry for re-open the post

so i let it for 3 hours, i mean, since he reached here.

This happens:

Connected to the wall > Red light appears > disapear red light > nothing happen

If connected to usb on computer > red light appears > disapear red light > blink an yellow/green light few times > disapear

The desktop software don't recognize it.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: moviestar

I let my battery get very low and had to charge it for hours now I get a red light followed by 11 green flashing lights then nothing. Please help!! Oh sorry my problem is on my playbook.

New Contributor

any answer to my problem yet please.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

flashing light is a good sign, leave the charger on it for a while and it shouldboot up in about an hour or so

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Smiley FrustratedHi have tried that, the berry has now been connected for 4 days and the only sign of life are the lights!!

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

OK. Have you tried downloading the BlackBerry Desktop software to your pc and tried to connect it to that?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Oh, sorry for don't answering!

I contacted the support on the phone, they send me this instructions:

1*Conect the playbook on the wall using the original charger that comes with it.

2*When the red light appears, press and hold the ON/OFF button for 60s(use a chronometer if it's easy for you)

3*After that, remove the playbook from the wall, connect it again, remove one more time, and connect(remove 2 times)

And you will see a charger icon on the screen!

Thanks that, now my Playbook works!