Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Duplicate entries in App World - My World?

Has anyone tried uninstalling App World, then rebooting their device. And then when it comes back up reinstall App World and test?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

How do you reinstall App World? Does that require the use of the "Software Update" feature?
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

I've had the same problem and the fix is as mentioned. uninstall the app and reinstall. BTW there seems to be no particular situation or app that causes this, it just happens. I thought maybe it was something I was doing wrong, but after hearing about others having this problem I now know it's magic. Smiley Happy
Barry (edit out personal information)
"Expect the Best"
Retired

To reinstall BlackBerry App World, you would use your BlackBerry browser and go to: www.blackberry.com/appworld to download/install App World itself.

Cheers,

Trusted Contributor

Actually.. I have a subset of three apps, out of many dozen I have installed, that it happens again and again with. I'm not so sure it is as random as you suppose. And deleting the apps will fix it for a while, but they always end up back in that state again eventually, it seems..
Retired

Try the uninstall and reinstall of App World, then keep your eye on the applications that seem to duplicate to see if this resolves the issue or not.

Cheers,

Trusted Contributor

We're talking about the Playbook App World here, not App World on a phone.. You can't do OTA installs on a Playbook, can you?
Retired

My bad, I jumpped the gun on that. I apologize, I was reading another thread at the same time.

That is correct, you can not OTA download App World itself.

Trusted Contributor

No problem! 

Since OTA installs are not possible on the Playbook, that means we'd be dependent on the "Software Updates" tool to reinstall App World for us.

Retired

That is true, when you go through that process it will compare the software on your PlayBook versus what is avaialble and update or reinstall missing applications.

Cheers,