Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Duplicated contacts in my contact list

I am sure I read about this problem  somewhere but I can't find it. From one day to the other my contacts became duplicated in my contact list. Any idea why? - IRRITATING! 

Tanks

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Duplicated contacts in my contact list

What's the source of your contacts?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

Good question.  Mostly manual entry.  On my Accounts it shows Gmail. I also have two Yahoo accounts, but none of these are set up for contact sync, only the Google account.  Checking my Gmail (login from the web) I can't find my contact list at all.

On the top of it, I am not certain that backing up my PlayBook will save and reload my contacts. I am on the latest OS version. 

If you examine the duplicated contacts look at each and click on the links at the bottom of contact. What the source of each?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor

JSanders wrote:
If you examine the duplicated contacts look at each and click on the links at the bottom of contact. What the source of each?

Darn! It looks that each contact is linked to itself.  Got to figure out how to fix it and how did this happen to avoid it in the future. 

László 

How many duplicates do you have, gursstimate?

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor

Most had two some had more duplicates. Something like CARDDEV popped up, beside BlackBerry contacts. No idea where CARDDEV came from. In any case I managed to clear the doubles, one by one, manually. Strange,  the first time I tried, it did not work. The contact list 'resynched' and the duplicates were back! I also removed calendar synch to Google from my Accounts. I did not work anyway. 

Not a big deal from me, I only keep a small subset of my addresses on my PlayBook. I keep my main contact list on my PC (using Monzilla Thunderbird). It is also synced to my Nokia phone. But there seems to be problem somewhere, which could be serious to some users. BlackBerry can't take another hit. 

László 

Super Contributor

Something is really wrong. I restarted my PlayBook and now I have only about 10 contacts - out of about 30. Only contacts in the middle of the alphabet left between E and S are there. I will do a REBOOT.  See what happens.