Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Porchlight

E-mail messages being deleted from server

I have set up a POP e-mail account on my Playbook (OS2).  It is working well except for one detail, it deletes messages from the server when I delete them from my Playbook.  When I look at the account settings, I see that the "Keep messages on the server" setting is set to "ON".

This setting seems to imply that the messages should be left on the server, so that even if I clear them from the Playbook, they should still be available for reading from other devices - such as my laptop, my wife's iPad, or our desktop computer (which is the only machine allowed to delete messages from the server, and that is only after a delay of several days to allow them to be read on the other devices.

Help please.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook / BB Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: E-mail messages being deleted from server

I am having the same problem and decided to finally look into a solution.  Are these forums monitored by Blackberry Technicial Support?

John...

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: E-mail messages being deleted from server

Very rarely, this place is for user to user help, we are all here, because we want to help each other, and there is quite a few of the users that are very knowledgeble and very happy to help.

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin