Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: Three

Email "unable to connect to server please try later"

[ Edited ]

Decided to buy a tablet after the huge price drop in PlayBooks and am generally pleased with it. 

The only problem with it is the email app. I have set up three accounts (2 pop and 1 gmail). The Gmail and one of the pop accounts work fine but the other pop account throws the error message in the subject heading every time it syncs. 

In order to get it to work I have to tap the error message which takes me to the account's settings screen from which I can save the settings again  and then messages can be downloaded (until the next sync).

The server settings for the pop accounts are identical save for the username and password yet one works perfectly and the other doesn't. 

All the solutions I've been able to find online involve deleting and recreating the account, but since it will only download 30 days worth of emails initially, this is no solution at all. 

Alternative email apps all run under Android and the Android Player crashes every other time I use it. 

It was my understanding that BlackBerry were THE brand for mobile  email.

This is my first BlackBerry and, sadly, will probably be my last.