Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Storm

Email sync

I love the integrated email app, but how do you set up sync so that messages deleted on the server also get deleted from the account folders on the Playbook?

Having to go through them one by one and delete them on the PB makes no sense.

Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Email sync

[ Edited ]

There is nothing o be done - they sync automatically. There is absolutely no need to delete any mails locally. 

All folders in your email are just temporary copies of the ones in webmail and will delete as you delete them on webmail, eve if you delete them on another machine, provided that....

1. you're connected to the internet and playbook has connected to mail (if not it will tell you unable to connect at the top of the list of messages). The speed by which they sync depends on the internet traffic and the speed of your connection but a minute is usually plenty.

2. you "pull down" on the list of messages so it syncs. This usually happens when you start email anyway.

If 1 and 2 are satisfied then try two more tricks.

Try changing the sync period from 7 to 30 days - that will resync all mails in that account.

If that fails delete the account and add back, only takes a few minutes. That should start afresh.