Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: Simply Connect
Accepted Solution

Email worked, now it doesn't

I downloaded and installed OS2 the morning it came out, and at the same time set up both my gmail account and microsoft exchange account without issue.

As of yesterday, both of them no longe work on the playbook.  The message I get for both accounts is "The server for the account is not responding.  The sever name in  your account settings might be incorect or the server might be temporarily offline.  check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again."

Everything worked fine before today, anyone else have this issue or a solution?

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Email worked, now it doesn't

I am getting that too...the error message comes and goes randomly...not sure what's going on...anyways...I removed my emial accounts from PB....it drains the battery very quickly...not worth it...with wifi on (Everything else off) with gmail and hotmail on push mode and battery drops from 100% to 30% in 8 hrs...

Also if you turn push off it still pushes messages to your device... lool...what a mess...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I was fiddling around in my email settings the other day and must have done something the PB didn't like and my email quit working.
So I deleted the profile and reinstalled it again. Nothing was lost in the email, contacts or calendar and everything is back to working great.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have been having the same problem....

After installing OS 2.0, I successully integrated both an Exchange Online (Office 365) account for which I have also activated BlackBerry Business Cloud Services, and also my Hotmail account.

Everything worked fine for a couple of days.  The first sign of trouble was when I couldn't delete a Hotmail calendar.  So I removed the entire Hotmail account from the PlayBook, and it refused to re-integrate.  Everyone told me it was the Hotmail servers having problems that day so I didn't think much of it.

The next day my exchange account starting giving me trouble.  It wouldn't send any messages from the PB.  Just kept saying the operation was interrupted.  Then the yellow warning comes up at the top of the message list saying that it can't connect to the servers.

I deleted the exchange account and tried to re-integrate.  No luck.  Constantly returning errors saying the servers were not responding and to check the server names and passwords and try again.

After 2 hours on the phone with RIM support techs, the only solution was a complete security wipe and start over.  This was after I had given my Hotmail account and password to the support tech who was successfully able to integrate the account, delete it, and integrate it again.

So after the wipe, I was back up and running for about 30 hours until the error started to display again....

I called RIM and they collected the log files from my PB and said they would be back in touch with me within 24-48 hours.  I currently have no email accounts configured on my PB because it won't accept any.  I have tried 2 different exchange accounts, my hotmail account, and my personal Telus IMAP account.

I will keep you posted.  If any one else comes up with a solution that doesn't involve a security wipe and will ensure long term stability, I am all ears....

New Contributor

I too have cleared off the e-mails and tried to set them up again, but keep getting the error message, both with my Microsoft Exchange e-mail and gmail, which makes me quite certain its a playbook issue. 

Contributor

It is absolutely a PlayBook issue and not a server or a wifi issue.  That's what everyone told me the first couple of support phone calls (hence the 2 hours on the phone).  Now that they understand that wifi and the host servers are not the problem and I have an open service ticket, they are working on the actual problem.  I will keep you posted as I am still within my 90 day warranty so I can get direct phone support.  Not sure if you are in the same boat or not....

New Contributor

It seems I've managed to fix the problem by backing up the playbook and performing a security wipe.

I did that today, and it works again, even after restoring my applications.

Contributor

A security wipe worked for me too. 30 hrs later I was back to square one. I could probably do another wipe and hope 3rd time is a charm, but I think I will wait for RIM's next suggestion first. Will be talking to them again tomorrow.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 + PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

This is driving me instane!!

I posted here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/eas-quit-working-any-tips-703545/ but, I can't get any help there because I doubt the majority of folks are having this issue out there.

I'm convinced now that it is something wrong with the PlayBook and the way it saves that information. I will try to contact RIM tomorrow. Maybe it is my device and I should exchange it for another before my 30 days are up.
Contributor

Are you using exchange online by chance?