Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Error 10000

Dear RIM.

Since purchasing the Playbook when it was first released, whenever I attempt to purchase an application from the app store I receive the dreaded Error code 1000.  I have contacted my bank and they have authorized the charge on my credit card however it would not complete.  I have contacted RIM support, with no resolution.  This community is replete with complaints regarding this problem.  Some suggest getting a pay-pal account as a solution.

I do not have a pay-pal account.  I do  not want a pay-pal account.  I see no reason why I should need one when my credit card works elsewhere throughout the internet- including the Apple App Store!

From BB Community forums and Internet searches, I'm aware some owners haven't encountered this error.  Lucky them.  It seems that once you encounter it, it will forever prevent you from purchases.  (Clearing Cache does not help.)

The exact cause of this is unimportant to me, the consumer.  I only know to blame you, RIM, for my inability to purchase apps.  This should be of *paramount* importance to you.  RIM, you know of this problem and yet it continues to plague PlayBook users.  It's obvious that you are not as serious about the PlayBook's longevity as your press statements lead one to believe.  If you were, this would have been fixed long ago.

If you expect consumers to take the PlayBook seriously, problems this serious should be fixed.  Quickly.  If this problem remains, I can only conclude that you have conceded the PlayBook is a dead product and it's not worth your time to remedy Error 1000 problems.
New Contributor
My Device: Probook
My Carrier: True

Re: Error 10000

Dear meclark:

I'm not sure that trying to purchase with a Pay-Pal account would solve the problem. It didn't for me. I tried to purchase a program via Pay-Pal, and I got the Error 10000 message. So I changed the settings to my credit card. Same error message.  Now when I click on the purchas button, it "clicks", but nothing happens.

I've filed a technical support request with them. I'll post how they respond. Hopefully something productive will come of it. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Yes you have a legitimate complaint since this has not been fixed .. It appears to be a problem with digital river the processor of the app store. I would look to file with them. Also keep pressing RIM, as this is vital for the success for the developers as well.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

It's small comfort to know I'm not alone.  I had emailed RIM directly about this and they told me to use this forum.  As far as complaining to Digital River, that's RIM's responsibility.  It could be that company or any company processing payments as far as I care.  It's RIM that gets the black eye, deservedly so.  It's their app store.

If I had this problem at a brick and mortor store, it's the store that would loose my patronage, not the processor of the Card.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I have had this same problem since October. I have received an email message from them (Digital River via support) with specific questions to answer. I am just about to reply. I have even done the security wipe new Blackbery ID and that did not help either.

New Contributor

Please keep us posted on Digital River's questions, response, and resoluton if any.

Thank you.

New Contributor
My Device: Probook
My Carrier: True

BB Tech support replied regarding my request on this issue. Here's what they said (below). NOTE: I followed their instructions, but got the same result. I've sent them a reply. We'll see what they say in round 2. 

---------------------------

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

Please use the following article and below instructions to resolve your issue.

Article Title: How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache Article ID: KB24714 Article Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24714

***NOTE***

You must hit Return on the virtual keyboard. BlackBerry App World will not give any indication that the cache has been cleared.

After clearing the cache perform a hard reset on the tablet by holding down the power and volume plus buttons until the tablet powers down on it's own, roughly 15-20 seconds.

Attempt to purchase the application again.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Done all of that, and perhaps for the odd few people that might work. I can only hope they would continue to give these instructions to people when for some it has helped. Like a lot of support folks, if the customer does not call back, they chalk up a win! Then they use the same spiel again. I have been working with support for three months on this issue and nothing has worked so far, including putting a new BB ID in place, new password, security wipe and a different credit card.  I sent in my information yesterday as requested through to Digital River. We will have to see what the issue is. The transaction halts when the credit card company agrees to accept the charge, the acceptance either does not trigger the downloard - problem between DR and RIM, or DR system does not accept the Credit card acceptance and refuses to release the download, problem with DR and the credit card company. I can't believe this can take three months to figure out.

New Contributor

Dear Rim, this problem persists with me. I would genuinely like to purchase some apps. but your app. store will not let me. I posted a complaint on D Rs web site. From the comments here, I don't expect them to do much if anything.

I guess it's time to embrace the dark side and get an iPad.

RIM are you listening?
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Just curious it's January 2013 and I just started getting the problem on my phone, but I've been getting that error on my PlayBook for 6 months now. Did you ever get it resolved?