Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16 gb
My Carrier: Telus

Error 11000 when trying to buy PB apps

[ Edited ]

I get this error message now when I tried to buy SporadicSoftware's PDF Reader. Was able to buy apps roughly a month ago, and now no.

I tried to reauthenticate PayPal too, rebooted, but nothing -- error 11000 persists. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I also tried to change my payment options on the PB itself (from CC back to Paypal) and now when I click "Purchase" in the app store, nothing happens -- no error message or anything pops up.

I tried to sign in on my PC and view payment options but I get this message:

pb_bbworld_error.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Error 11000 when trying to buy PB apps

Can anyone help, please?

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I'm having the same problem.
My Device: Playbook

I have been back and forth with support but I am starting to guess that I might be getting canned, automated, responses since most of them don't address the actual problem. I am still trying to get answers from them.

You would think they would make it easier for me to send them money, or at least that there would be a way to do it??
My Device: playbook

Exactly the same over here. Worked before. No longer this year. I would start to think BB does not like Romanian money.

Really... it should have something to do with PayPal and BB bank-related policies. Maybe some international regulation on moneylaudery... dunnow... they really suck, that's for sure!

Trusted Contributor

I haven't tested yet, but I got notice of a 2.1.0.1917 update that includes an update to the BB World payment system. A possible fix?

Will test later and post back, but just wanted to let others know about the update.