Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook -
My Carrier: Mtn

Error 4003

I have been having trouble with my BlackBerry PlayBook for months now. When we I try to take a picture it displays blank and error 4003 comes up. Plssssss help. Am in Nigeria where can I get it fixed? (2) may playbook also does not connect to any system, I cant take out my first files so as to allow me do a factory reset. I really need assistance. Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: Error 4003

4003 is probably hardware triggered by the last OS update, but can be software conflict. The only way to find out is to reset to factory settings and see if the problem goes away.

To do that, as you say, you either need Blackberry Desktop Software on a PC or Mac, or you need wifi connection to the internet and in  Settings go to Security, then Security Wipe.

Both those options require the Playbook infrastructure to be available to you in Nigeria. I don't know if that is in place. If you have set up your playbook from new recently in your country then it's probably OK, but you may finish up with a playbook that refuses even to set up past the agreement page.

If it's hardware than it's going to be as much to repair as a new tablet, unless there's a local phone repair whizzkid who can get and fit the parts.

Maybe just live without the camera??

Sarah.
New Contributor

Thank you Sarh for the suggestion, A using the trick of attaching all my files and sending them to my mailbox and dropbox to have them secured, after which i will follow the steps you provided and do a security wipe.

I have one qustion doe, If i carry out the security wipe is it most likely that my playbook will not restore? ( you mentioned that I may finish up with a playbook that refuses even to set up past the agreement page) really am confused here. Kindly explain.

Temitope

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

topzzi wrote:

I have one qustion doe, If i carry out the security wipe is it most likely that my playbook will not restore? ( you mentioned that I may finish up with a playbook that refuses even to set up past the agreement page) really am confused here. Kindly explain.

Temitope

Just a personal disclaimer! If you go to blackberry support page for UK you see smart phones and playbooks. The same page for Nigeria shows only smartphones.  There is a small possibilty that you will not find an agreement page during setup for nigeria.  If you originally set it up in nigeria then you are probably ok. 

Sarah.
New Contributor

ohhhhhhh now i get you, thanks sarah, I remember setting it up in Nigeria but i slected uk from the list of country  opition i got because Nigeria was not supported. Fingers crossed when i am done saving my files i will carry out the security wipe.

Thanks so much for being helpful... Will give you feedback when done

Best regards

Temitope

Highlighted
New Contributor

Now get you, thanks I remember setting it up in Nigeria but I selected UK from the list of country  option I got because Nigeria was not supported. Fingers crossed when I am done saving my files I will carry out the security wipe.

Thanks so much for being helpful... Will give you feedback when done

Best regards

Temitope