Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: Rogers

Error code:(60) ???

My battery ran flat and I'm stuck in a loop getting back up and running.  The device prompts me to provide my Blackberry ID.  Then returns a message:

Please check internet conection, then try again.

Error Code: (60)

Security/Certificate Error. Please check your date/time settings and try again.

So...I've fiddled with everything I can thing of.  Anyone have any bright ideas?

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Error code:(60) ???

I have received a new playbook 2 days ago and I cannot get past the setup process. I get the same code. Unable to connect the the blackberry ID. Please check your internet connection. Security/certificate error. Please check your time/date settings and try again.

Should I really be having this problem on a new machine. How many times should one check the date and time

I am very frustrated

David

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: Rogers

I gave up and I'm now using it to prop open my laundry room door.  If you sort it, please post.

My Device: 134324767448
My Carrier: 0015149969969

I found the solution

You need to fully charge your playbook > hold the power for 10sec (ignore shutdown//standby//restart pop-up) > connect your blackberry to the computer (make sure that you already have the blackberry desktop installed and opened) > you will have a pop-up that will stay 30sec > click on update > then enter your email if you want > wait till download and install are complete > disconnect playbook and it will work

My Device: 134324767448
My Carrier: 0015149969969

Make sure your playbook is on at the begging Smiley Wink
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: simyo

Same over here: Received the Playbook on BlackBerry DevCon today and it does not perform the initial setup. Only gives back error (60) after entering confirmed new BlackBerry ID and password. Your fix does not work.

I really cannot believe that RIM gives away these devices among developers to motivate them developing for it... 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kobayashi-disko wrote:

Same over here: Received the Playbook on BlackBerry DevCon today and it does not perform the initial setup. Only gives back error (60) after entering confirmed new BlackBerry ID and password. Your fix does not work.

Are you able to get to the WiFi setup point?

or are you past that?

If not to the WiFi connection yet, find a local free hotspot, not a secured one that requires a password.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: simyo

Foudn solution at http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Playbook-initial-setup-error/td-p/1546839...

1) Download Desktop software from (http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/)

2) Install the software. and connect the PLAYBOOK.

3) you will see an error like "You can not connect, as the setup not yet completed"

4) Hardboot your PLAYBOOK by pressing +,-, Power buttons at a time.

5) Wait for a moment and just press once the power button

6) On your desktop you will a see prompt with options, "Retry" , "Update" , "Cancle"

7) Press Update. Then it will start download the update and finish the setup. :-)

Download takes lot of time. 

Make sure there is no Disconnect while update is happening. else you have to restart the whole Procedure again.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

After Hours On The Phone With Black Berry They Informed Me This Error Occurs When The OS (Operating System) Installed In The Playbook Becomes Corrupt! How To FIX!
1st) Make Sure You Have The Most Current Blackberry Desktop Installed (Desktop 7? I Think??)
2nd) Exit The Desktop Software On your Computer And Close It
3rd) Turn OFF (Not Standby or restart) Playbook

Now Read Carefully!
You Must Plug The Playbook Into Your Computer With It Turned OFF And Desktop Software CLOSED With USB Cable

You Will See A n Error Message When you first plug it in HURRY and Click UPDATE.

It Will Then Show A Blue Bar Moving back and forth across page and say something like searching for new software, LET IT FINISH It Took My Computer About 30 Minutes To Find A New Version Of The OS

Once It Finds New OS Version Install IT This Will Usually Take Several Hours To Complete

If You Need Assistance Email me ComputerRepairCtr at Gmail dot com Thank You And Vote So OTHERS CAN SEE!
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Error code:(60) SOLUTION/SOLVED

After Hours On The Phone With Black Berry They Informed Me This Error Occurs When The OS (Operating System) Installed In The Playbook Becomes Corrupt! How To FIX!

1st) Make Sure You Have The Most Current Blackberry Desktop Installed (Desktop 7? I Think??)
2nd) Exit The Desktop Software On your Computer And Close It
3rd) Turn OFF (Not Standby or restart) Playbook

Now Read Carefully!
You Must Plug The Playbook Into Your Computer With It Turned OFF And Desktop Software CLOSED With USB Cable

You Will See A n Error Message When you first plug it in HURRY and Click UPDATE.

It Will Then Show A Blue Bar Moving back and forth across page and say something like searching for new software, LET IT FINISH It Took My Computer About 30 Minutes To Find A New Version Of The OS

Once It Finds New OS Version Install IT This Will Usually Take Several Hours To Complete

If You Need Assistance Email me ComputerRepairCtr at Gmail dot com Thank You And Vote So OTHERS CAN SEE!