Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: None

Error id: 10000

So I bought a new Playbook a week or so ago.

I'm trying to purchase applications on the AppWorld but when I try to download something, I get an error ID 10000. 

Reading around, some people suggested the following:
- Hard Reboot

- Security wipe and relog with same BBID

- Security wipe and create a new BBID

I did all the above and none work. I have the latest OS version that came out recently (updated today).

I do not want to create a paypal account.

I do not have another credit card.

I can download any free application with no problems whatsoever.

My credit card is valid. I use it everyday.

What can I do? I'm out of ideas. I'm annoyed. The Playbook was a gift to my wife so she can use it for many things, one being an ereader. Unfortunately, all her ebooks are in epub format so right now, she cannot use it as an ereader unless I download the ebook reader app. 

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Error id: 10000

Contact support you have 90days free support.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Did you update your OS?
When I got my PB, I got error 13000 and could not use my credit card.
After OS update, it worked. Contact support.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 and Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I had to update my CC info from my phone. Updating from my PB didn't take.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 2 and Playbook 64GB

Re: Error id: 10000 (App World - Credit Card Payment Process)

Blackberry Support Team - What is the status on this issue where user ARE NOT able to make a purchase via App World using a credit card?  Credit card setup correctly and working with other merchants/vendors (including Apple's iTunes).  No issue downloading the free apps, but the value proposition and customer satisfaction is the advanced applications that require a purchase!

This issue has been outstanding for virtually one-year at this stage, which continues to contribute to the lost-leader position of RIM.  Lack of focus, wrong focus, exceptionally slow time-to-market and poor customer service resolving simple issues like this that also impact's RIM's revenue and competitive positiong.  Continued demonstration of "what not to do" by a vendor...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

RIM will not respond to any posting here. Most of the responses are from volunteers,who enjoy helping others. here is what is in the techincal database.http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB2... 0 1911706845
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Menatelco

We're doomed... :-(
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 2 and Playbook 64GB

I reviewed the technical DB associated with this issue and outlined in the URL and summarized below:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again or visit blackberry.com/appworld/support for more information. (Error ID: 10000)

Environment

• BlackBerry App World™ storefront

Cause

This issue can occur due to the following:

Cause 1:
Security measures can be in place to block or prevent on-line purchases with a credit card.

Cause 2:
Incorrect or inaccurate information has been entered into the BlackBerry App World payment system when configuring the payment source.

Resolution

To resolve the error, complete the following:

Resolution 1:
Confirm with your credit card company that there are no restrictions in place that could prevent an on-line purchase.

Resolution 2:
Confirm that the details entered for the payment information matches those on file for the payment type being used. For information on best practices for entering payment details, see KB29239. For information on changing or modifying payment details for BlackBerry App World, see KB23717.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I confirmed that credit card transactions are not blocked on my browser, since transactions with other merchants worked without incident.  I also confirmed that the credit account info and security CID were correct after contacting the credit card provider.  OS is always maintained to the most current version also.

At this stage, this issues continues to be a direct problem with RIM's application store as outilned over the course of the year.  Like many others, I'm past this free technical support grace period. 

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100

how can RIM be successful if they are not able to provide THE most important key service, the payment service in appworld?? I'm really wondering if someone ever did a purchase an app... imagine this would be an issue in apple's appstore.......
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Has anyone been able to resolve this? I have the same issue on my playbook. I have tried every single combination of the credit card set up possible and nothing works. And I have no problems using it anywhere else including itunes. Why is it that bberry can't fix this issue with so many users complaining about it??? btw, add that to my list of disappointments with the playbook and to the list of reasons why I'm finally joining the apple bandwagon!!