Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Exchange Message Account and Browser cannot be open at the same time -- Anyone else having this problem

I have a single Message Account linked to my Exchange Corporate service and everything works fine.  However, if I open up my browser while my Messages are open one of three things happens:

1. The browser does not start and sits at a black screen and I have to reboot my device

2. The browser does not start and sits at a black screen and I have to hard reboot my device and then I discover all my e-mails from my exchange account are gone and the only way I get them back is by deleting the Exchange Message account and creating it again.  I cannot retrieve new or old messages.

3. The browser will open after an extended wait and then I discover all my e-mails from my exchange account are gone and the only way I get them back is by deleting the Exchange Message account and creating it again

Additionally, if I have my browser open and I try to access my Exchange Message account my playbook is locked up again. This is a scenario that is more common as I get notified of a new message while browsing and I don't necessarily want to close the browser.

If my Message area is closed I can browse fine and my e-mails remain in tact. This is a bit of a nuisance and perhaps a bug if others are experiencing the same.

Using 32 GB Playbook OS 2.0...Hardly any data consumed on the device.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Exchange Message Account and Browser cannot be open at the same time -- Anyone else having this problem

bump
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Exchange Message Account and Browser cannot be open at the same time -- Anyone else having this problem

I have been researching the exchange message loss  problem on other forums, but not seen a link to browser as yet.  The message loss problem we have here is in a 32bit PB.