Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

External portable keyboard and Playbook

I don't have any problems with my Playbook, but I do have a question.  I would like to get a portable keyboard because the one in the Playbook is not very good for serious document typing. 

Is it possible to buy a regular portable wireless keyboard and have the Playbook connect to it?  Will the Playbook's OS be compatible with what a keyboard that most likely has been made for Windows or Mac compatibility?

Thank you.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: External portable keyboard and Playbook

I'm using an Apple bluetooth keyboard. Some of the keys don't work because the PB isn't an Apple product, but overall it's very ergonomic and nice to type on. So much better than the virtual keyboard, which drives me crazy.
Leslie
New Contributor

Thanks a lot, LEAJ.    Actually since I posted that I went searching on the Internet and it turns out that a lot of bluetooth keyboards are compatible with Blackberry.  I guess I should have done that first.

So everything's okay.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Welcome to the forums. I would go to a store and try the keyboard. See how it feels and works.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8900/playbook
My Carrier: CMM

Yeah, i also think you'd better go to a store and try every key on the keyboard after you get them connected, and don't forget to pay attention to the function distance

New Contributor

Thanks a lot people.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

BlackBerry has a bluetooth keyboard out for testing. It is the same size as the PB and will fit in a double case. The keyboard also has a built in mouse pad. Should be available soon.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Lost_at_Sea wrote:
BlackBerry has a bluetooth keyboard out for testing. It is the same size as the PB and will fit in a double case. The keyboard also has a built in mouse pad. Should be available soon.

I have seen ti too, looks nice and cant wait for it to be released for a few of our older sales guys

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Play Book 64gig
My Carrier: tmobile

I'm waiting in line!