Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: PlayBook. 16g, torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

FLASHPLAYER FOR PLAYBOOK

Every time I try to access a game on Facebook I keep getting the message that my flashplayer needs updating. How does one do this?

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: FLASHPLAYER FOR PLAYBOOK

Only Blackberry can update our Flash player. If you are using the Facebook app, try a browser. All browsers on playbook use the same flashplayer but some browsers fool websites better than others. Many of us fear the day when major websites fail to render the flash version we use,  though all sites should have transferred to HTML5 by now and Adobe should not be updating Flash.

Sarah.
My Device: BlackBerry. Playbook. OS 2.0
My Carrier: Rogers

How exactly do you install a browser, like Google Chrome, for example? 

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

sbow9 wrote:

How exactly do you install a browser, like Google Chrome, for example? 

As apps from Blackberry World apps store. Look for  Origami Browser, Fast Browser,  Simple Browser etc. You will not find Chrome or Firefox there.

. Origami browser will imitate Chrome in Desktop mode. Unfortunatey it does not have History yet but we expect that soon.

Sarah.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300=Torch 9810=Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Trying to access tsn video and it keeps stating I need the latest version of flash.  But then the flash download states that I have the latest version for this browser.  Where is there a download? 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: None

For TSN try through OrigamiBrowser. Open it and click in the top right corner and select 'Desktop Mode - OFF.' Type in TSN and go to the Video. Ignore the 'Media Error' message and click it away then wait for the video to start.

I don't always get it to work but it often will. Not sure why it is inconsistent. I also haven't found a way for TSN to go to fullscreen through OrigamiBrowser.