Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Feature Requests/Bug Reports for PlayBook OS 2.0

I'd like to report a few bugs/features that I think would really help make PlayBook better.

Although most are minor items there is a chance that some items would be better suited as private reports directly to RIM.  If there is an appropriate channel to do so, please advise.

For now, these 4 items are the main ones that come to mind.

1.) Screen settings: I would **really**, **really** like to have an option to go to standby after 30min, 1hour, 2hours, or better yet - **never** (especially when I'm plugged in to A/C power or docked.  There are several apps I enjoy using (e.g. Browser) that I read/watch... only to have the device try to auto-suspend when the 5min is up.

2.) If it is possible, it would be very nice if holding the volume up/down buttons actually continuously increased/decreased the volume vs. having to press the buttons multiple times

3.) When using the Browser, I often minimize/auto-hide the location bar to maximize my screen real-estate... however when swiping down to view it... if I type a partial address and notice a match in the drop down for the site I want... I can't click on it, as this triggers the menu's auto-hide action

4.) The new Messages app is great!  My only issue is that although I like the blinking red LED indicator (similar to a BB phone), the red corner marker in the top left of the screen is too distracting (and ruins the asthetics) of the apps/games I'm running when I get new messages all day long.  It would be very nice if there was a separate option for this indicator. (e.g. I still want the LED light, and the email count/icon indicator... just not the red corner overlay)

Otherwise I'm loving my PlayBook both as a user and a developer and I'm looking forward to whats to come. ;-)

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Contributor
My Device: zed10
My Carrier: bell

Re: Feature Requests/Bug Reports for PlayBook OS 2.0

Allow me to use the native contact, calendar and email apps to work with my contacts, calendar and email that are on my phone/desktop. Can't believe that this is not already done.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Allow me to log in to the Hotspot! I have tried every combination since updating OTA this AM and continue to get "Invalid JAD content: null" as a messge.

I am getting better and better with my BlackBerry 16GB PlayBook bridged to my BlackBerry Bold 9700.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

I just upgraded to OS2 this morning and now I find that Slideshow to Go is missing from my Docs To Go app.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Well my issue is resolved, worked with both ISP and RIM but finally got connected. Now if we can just figure out where sideshow is! I use it for teaching classes.
I am getting better and better with my BlackBerry 16GB PlayBook bridged to my BlackBerry Bold 9700.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note

+1 on the red corner indicator for emails after OS2.

At first I thought that my PB LCD has developed a defect!

Then I realized it's to alert me of new emails!LOL.

DC-IT
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 White, PlayBook 16g & 64g
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Can't repeat it enough times, direct sync with Outlook is a must for non enterprise users. No cloud service, no web based email contact list, just plain and simple direct sync via the DM just like the phone. Can't imagine how this feature was not included with the OS update. This is a deal breaker!  The Playbook without this feature makes it just a toy and the phone is the real tool!

My Device: Blackberry Z10 White, PlayBook 16g & 64g
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Sorry duplicate post!

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: .

posted this reply in another thread but better to post as reply to help sort the fix needed

Slideshow is still there - the problem is there is no Icon on the Docs to go Index page.  :smileysad:

You now cant create a new slideshow doc.

You can import a pps file from your PC - but to access any Slideshow doc (.pps) file you have to load and edit them by opening the files via the File Manager

A  work-a-round but not an acceptable fix when the +Slideshow icon should be part off the Docs to go app.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900

I also noticed that when playing audio... the Play button (triangle) at the top of the main menu lets you "peek" into the current track, to pause it... or skip back/forward.... and even shows the album artwork/song title etc.   this part works great and is very handy. ;-)

However if you have missing artwork in your music collection (I'm missing about 25% due to one-off mixes, covers, bootlegs, mashups, audio podcasts etc.) that the cover art isn't "blanked out", or replaced with a generic shiny CD or music note etc.  it just keeps the old cover displayed...

this tends to look odd when I'm listening to a mashup between "Garbage" and "Nine Inch Nails" but the cover art shows "Pop Will Eat Itself"

In addition I think the "tooltip" cover art display uses a different "fetch" mechanism than the music app... as I sometimes see my artwork in the full player... but the "tooltip" is stuck a previous track's artwork.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****