Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: storm2
My Carrier: mts

Re: Feature wish list

thanks for the prompt response.  much appreciated

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell canada

I would like to copy and Paste data from the PDF files to the Web Browser

I would like to cut & paste from the Browser to Sheet To Go and Word To Go.

In fact, I would like to have the same basic functions I have on my Torch to my Playbook.  I did buy the Playbook to get a bigger screen and to surf the real site not the Mobile site but if we don't have Cut & Paste, what is the value!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Integration of Lastpass into the browser would sure make my Playbook browsing experience more enjoyable.

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Among other things,

File managment

directory support

Terminal app

ssh

a decent ereader

Sideload of applications

My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The company I work for is considering the Playbook and is currently supporting the iPad. For a specific requirement, we need the Sheets To Go app to allow for freeze pane functionality for columns and rows. Basically, header row and first column or so. We have some Excel spreadsheets that are restrictively wide for editing in the device. We currently use Blackberry phones for this task, but as they come up for update many users are likely going to defect to iPhones. The tablet form factor seems ideal for our usage, but without this feature there is no reason to consider the Blackberry as an alternative to the iPad. I am very keen on the Bridge functionality. With a full function Sheets To Go, we can satisfy a high percentage of our users. I also think the browser is very promising.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

hey guys i made a post which tried to sum up a bunch of requests feel free to add to it and i'll update. should be easier for rim and the pbook people to find what people want you can find it here : http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Future-Things-We-Want-Rim-To-Fix-On-The-P...

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

pls i need sms over playbook. and whatsapp was great. at home my blackberry phone are in my office. my playbook allways with me. i hate to change to write sms ;-)
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

I agree with the need for the Sheets To Go app to allow for freeze pane functionality for columns and rows
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: BSNL

improved video player and pictures gallery and camera settings
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

To the poster that wanted SMS on the pb. Get SMS bridge for your phone. It works well.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.