Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
My Device: Playbook

Figured out the power button...

I received my Playbook on Friday and opened it to find that my version had the flush power button.  I found that I kept trying to use my nail to push the button and it seemed that it took several pushes to get it working ( that is to either turn it on or off ).  However, I found that when I use the fleshy part of my fingertip it works every time with first push.

Not really a huge bit of information, but I figured that if it works for me - then someone else will find this useful as well.

I really wish RIM would provide a way to put the PB to sleep with software, though.  I am sure that is coming.  Swiping from bottom to top is a great way to wake it up, though.  I know most people know this, though.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Figured out the power button...

Agreed kdittyr. I found its easiest to depress the flush power button with my actual point of my finger or finger pad than with the nail. Thank you!
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Att

Do you have that leather flip case?

I cant shut it off without bending the case back.

Thanks for the soft finger technique, though, you're right.

Developer
My Device: Playbook

I don't have a case for my PB, yet.  I have been thinking about this over the weekend and wondered if I would have to fashion something to push the button.  That was before I figured out how to push the button successfully.  I will certainly have to make sure I can still push it before picking up a case.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I am using (today) a leather folio case which leaves exposed the USB and HDMI ports and simple to open and power on (or off-standby).
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

My ports are exposed, also, the unit just does not fit in the charging stand, if you get it, with the case on.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: att

try the convertible case. covers ports and provides two position stand. highly recommended and can be found at Staples.
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I still haven't figured out why people want to be playing with the power button.  Set your standby timer at 90 second and the thing powers down by itself.  I've had mine since the 19th and have yet to turn it off.  

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
New Contributor

Does this convertible case fit into the charging stand?

Also, have you noticed that you can not use the power button and the volume controls are difficult to use through the case buttons?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: att

I dont own charging stand so I cant comment on that. However the buttons can be hard to push at times, but the protection it affords outweigh this in my mind. Check out drop test videos and you will see what I mean. Good luck with your decision.