Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

File sharing problems

I haven't been able to share files to or from my PlayBook with my PC. My PC recognizes that the PlayBook is connected. But then after about a minute an error shows up in the notifications tray saying "an error has occurred Initializing storage volume access."

I have enabled all file sharing in the PlayBook options. I have also tried using the Desktop Software. It also recognizes my PlayBook, but when I go to media it says, "A problem ocurred when attempting to connect to your BlackBery device." I don't understand because on the main screen it shows the PlayBook as connected with the PIN and everything. 

PLEASE HELP!

BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com
Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Re: File sharing problems

I had a similar "problem".  Check if you chose password protect on by going to options>storage &sharing.  If you did, you will have to go to your network option on your PC and add the password by clicking on the playbook network drive.  Hope that helps.

Contributor
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: vzw

how about vice versa? any way for the pb to pull files from the pc? or network?
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Torch
My Carrier: Telus

It doesn't seem to let you pull files from your PC or network.  One workaround is to use dropbox via the PB browser. 

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

jforce,

Try theses steps that I've posted on similar topics.

• Unplug your Playbook from the USB connected to your PC.
  • Go to "Settings" >Storage & Sharing > Select "Wi-Fi Sharing" to "OFF".
  • Under "USB Connections" Select "Connect to Windows" in the drop menu.
  • Go back to your BB Desktop Software and under Tools select  "Refresh iTunes Album Art". (It may take a few minutes depending on iTunes Library Size)
  • Right click on your BlackBerry Device Manager icon located in your Taskbar, and click "Properties" >Options> select "Mount tablet volumes on connect" and  "Launch File Explorer on Volume mount" click "Ok".
  • Plug your Playbook back to your PC via USB connection.

*Wait for everything to load and you should be able to Sync and Backup your Playbook.

Thank You!