Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Files Not Founds (Drag and Drop)

Hi everyone,

I have a 32gig Playbook, which was working just fine until I updated last night (the one with the video chat release). I can no longer view documents (like pdfs) and videos that I drag and drop into the Playbook. When I say I can't view, I mean the files don't even show up for me to click on like it normally does.

I have tried it on both Mac and PC, and it worked on both prior to the update. So, does anyone have a solution or an explaination as to why this is happening?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MisterClyde

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Files Not Founds (Drag and Drop)

Hello MisterClyde and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

When transferring the file, are you using the Desktop Software? Do you get confirmation the transfer has completed?

Not sure if you have tried the method listed in KB26068, but have a look. I was able to tranfser data using the new version and the transfer did complete for me.

If the steps in the article don't seem to work and you are still experiencing the issue, contact us at the number from the support site found here.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Files Not Founds (Drag and Drop)

I wasn't using the Desktop Software. I was merely dragging and dropping the files into the blackberry like an external storage device.

I haven't tred the method listed in KB26068, but I ended up restarting the Playbook a number of times upon completing video transfers. After about the 10th time, the Playbook recognized the existence of the newly transferred video files and documents. 

Thank you for you help hmthepirate. I will keep your advice bookmarked in the event I need other methods of approach.