Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Files & Folders issues

[ Edited ]

There are two issues affecting Files & Folders that we are looking in to:

1. Some users are reporting they cannot access Google Docs / Google Drive. This seems to be caused by a change on Google's end. We're investigating.
  2. Some trial users do not have a "Buy" button in App World. This is a confirmed bug in App World. We've worked with RIM to isolate the problem, and it has reportedly been fixed, but RIM cannot provide a timeline for when the fix will be rolled out. 

However, App World has recently deprecated the Try & Buy model, which means at the moment we cannot upload new versions of Files & Folders. We may be forced to remove the trial feature, at least until the situation is sorted out and RIM can provide an acceptable solution for existing apps.

Other features should continue to work as normal.

Feel free to e-mail us if you have any questions. We'll do our best to answer as soon as possible, but please be patient. We're sorry for any inconvenience. 

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

Re: Files & Folders issues

Note: if you have already authorized F&F to access your Google Drive / Google Docs, things should also continue to work fine. Just don't tap the "Forget" button.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I am experiencing the issue where my trial has expired and I do not have any option to purchase in appworld.  The app is GREAT and I want to buy it but can't.  Are you aware of any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

mancinjf wrote:

I am experiencing the issue where my trial has expired and I do not have any option to purchase in appworld.  The app is GREAT and I want to buy it but can't.  Are you aware of any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

I hope for you that they will be better for support than the support for Magellan Compas, I tried to upgrade over a month ago, and instead of an upgrade to 3.1 I got 1.30 which does not work with OS2, and they always say that it is AppWorld, and AppWorld are saying that they were provided with 1.3 labled as 3.1

I wish you luck

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

I actually received a reply this morning and they were able to resolve my issue (temporary fix until app world is fixed).. Best of luck with your ongoing Magellan frustration..
Developer

The Google Drive bug has been fixed by Google on their end.

Some trial users are still missing a "Buy" button in App World. If you are having this problem, please e-mail us: bb.support at innovatology.nl.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: boost

yeh ok. so you have trouble finding files and folders on the playbook. What else is new in the world of computing. I see all these negative remarks on the playbook. the only positive thing that I have seen about it, is that it is somewhere between a laptop and a phone.

Developer

No trolling please, stick to the topic of this thread.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: T

Re: Files & Folders issues - no Buy button

I've got the same issue to buy the App. The trial is over and there is simply no Buy button for the full version in BlackBerry World. Is there a workaround possible? 

Regards Sebastian 

Super Contributor

Re: Files & Folders issues - no Buy button

[ Edited ]

Click on the Playbook blue link in innovatology's signature above your post.

Or try http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/49236

The native browser should take you to BBWorld. If it's not there then it's possibly not available in your country

(edited typos)

Sarah.