Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Forget About BB10 on Playbook

@xandrex You can make all the excuses you wish, and spend your days posting and reading BlackBerry blogs and press releases, but at the end of the day when a CEO states publicly that BB10 will be coming to the Playbook (something he did several times, not just the CNBC interview), and then states 6 months later on the BlackBerry earnings call that BB10 is not coming to Playbook, I'll take that as carrying more weight than press releases and corporate blog postings.

He's the CEO of the company, therefore if he says they're doing something it's assumed to be true.

Your apologist behavior does nothing to change the fact that Heins and BlackBerry lied to consumers for months about supposed functionality coming to the Playbook.

It's public record that they stated BB10 would come to the Playbook, and then public record that they stated it would not. Stop trying to convince yourself it's not "official" just because there's no press release from BlackBerry.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Xandrex wrote:

hello,

would you say that the Bold 9900 is destined for a museum, just because it will get 7.1 updates but not an OS 7.2 or BB10 ?

People keep buying the 9900 despite the fact that it will not get the BB10 OS.

I don't think so. So why would you say that of a PlayBook ?

Maybe not a museum piece, but obsolescent. Only available because of excess inventory. Playbook is past that stage and the level of support has not been defined in detail. .

Hard as it may seem they shafted us. 

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

[ Edited ]

Hello Witmen,
Can you post a URL for this video? I have been hunting on YouTube but can't find it there.
Thanks in advance!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile CA

I've been faithfully using my Playbook and Torch 9810 which I love while I continually root for Blackberry to succeed.  As soon as BB10 was available for my Playbook, I was going to get a new Z10.  Now I have lost all respect for Blackberry because of this about am rethinking my whole plan.  I want fewer devices that all work the same; not more with different versions of OS's, apps that can run on one or another but not both.  I feel cheated.

New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

What about just having the PlayBook mirror the z10, is that easily possible or just a pipe dream?
Super Contributor
My Carrier: telus

The iPhone and the iPad have the same OS.

The Z10 and the Playbook are both based on QNX: one can't understand why the guys at Blackberry in Canada can't be at least as good as those in California, because at least we're tougher than they are, and have the two devices run the same OS. 

OK, that's a joke, but in reality with the video that Witmen uploaded (sadly I can't find it on YouTube), it means that Thorsten Heins speaks with forked tongue. That is not how to keep customers.

I am looking at how to have two other makes of machines work together, and then I said to myself 'NFC' and things became a little clearer. Perhaps I don't have to throw away my Z10 because of that.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

Here is a YouTube Version of the video. It is set to start playing once the PlayBook talk starts.

http://youtu.be/FlFbKMUWpdU?t=5m41s

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

This is extremely dissapointing...!!!  Many people were anxious for OS10 on the Playbook. When the Q10 first came out, many people purchased a Playbook at the same time as the phone. The Playbook sold out in most stores. I wanted a 4G Playbook. I had a very difficult time to find one.

Now I have three Playbooks. We use them in our family. It is a terrific tablet. For us the size is right, and the performance is great. Now we are dissapointed that there will be no OS10 for it, and most likely the Bridge program will not be fixed to run with the Z10.

I tried a number of other different types of phones.  I like the Blackberry the best for a fair number of reasons. I have been using Blackberry phones for many years. Out of curiosity, I tried other phones for a few weeks just to learn what they are like. I always came back to Blackberry, because it fit best to my needs.

What I don't understand is why are there  so many people bashing the Blackberry devices???!!!  This is very frustrating. In actual fact, even though the Blackberry device is not as strong on gadgets, it is a terrific quality and well performing product. So-far their tech support has been excellent.

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The 9900 is selling very well because of the keyboard, the price is lower, it is a very good proven phone, and it can Bridge very well with the Playbook. The Q10 and Z10 also work well. They do not fully bridge to the Playbook, and they had a few bugs when they first came out.  What is interesting, is many of these bugs should have been spotted during beta testing.

I use a Z10. I am also considering a Q10 to replace a two year old Bold 9900.  I like these new phones from Blackberry. They are terrific!

Jerry G.
My Device: Curve 8520, PlayBook
My Carrier: Wind

I'm one of the fools who bought a Playbook and now Blackberry won't update the device to BB10, Blackberry I payed for this device and i recieved back only bugs never fixed and now this! I won't buy a Blacberry device again due to the treatment of customers! Tablets won't die, the palybook will because of you and you're mismanagement!

Sorry for my bad english