Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Forget About BB10 on Playbook

What I wrote earlier is just my opinion, based on various articles and interviews I read on the web & the blogosphere. Remember that last week I had not even see that video from January 30th.

Smiley Happy

About the helmet... I think BlackBerry is going to surprise everyone with their "tablets is the past" paradigm, just like they did with the BBM Channels and the BBM client for iOS/Android and the Mobile Enterprise management for iOS/Android.
But two questions come to my mind:
1) will they execute correctly, once the surprise fades out?
2) will they deliver on due date?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Playbook & 9810 Torch
My Carrier: Wind Mobile Canada

"BlackBerry is going to surprise everyone...just like they did with the BBM client for iOS/Android"

Xandrex, BB had no choice about the BBM client.  It was their last ditch effort to extend their relevancy because they know when Google releases their Babel client (cross platform) it will be the only IM client anyone will ever use again.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I don't know much about Google Babel, but Google Talk if #5 of the IM business, behind mail.ru Agent (which obviously only concerns people who can talk Russian).

I don't see why people would shift towards Google Babel, since Google already failed developing Google Weave and Google Hangout correctly.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/OPSWAT/market-share-report-2013/prweb10653854.htm
in that link you see the ranks:

1 37% Skype
2 31% WLM (next time they do the stats, it will be merged with Skype)
3 8% Yahoo! Messenger
4 3.9% Mail.ru Agent
5 3.9% Google Talk
6 3.9% Facebook Messenger

I wish there was a similar stat for IM on mobile devices, but the winner is Skype, not GTalk.

and the transformation to Google Babel will again remain in beta version for 5 years anyways...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

What we're missing, yet again

http://www.emirates247.com/business/technology/blackberry-s-new-tablet-soon-2013-03-16-1.498750

This was from the middle of March where it states that both the BB10 and the Playbook run on QNX and should be easy to port: this from Mike Al Mefleh, director of product management at Blackberry. Well, it says that in the article.

New Contributor
My Device: 9550 + playbook
My Carrier: Movistar

What do you use your playbook for? Do you really love your playbook ? Are for real ? This is the worst ecosystem worthless! 

New Contributor
My Device: 9550 + playbook
My Carrier: Movistar

What a con artist this f@$"+ thorsten heins is ! It will be the last rpoduct i get from blackberry, bb10 suck anyways no apps ! Under the direction of this ceo this company will be sold in pieces pretty soon. And i have to admit after so many broken promises i will be glad to see that !

Ex huge blackberry fan !